Seat belts - Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Default Seat belts - Golf Cart

I need a passenger seat belt installed in my Club Car golf cart. Can anyone give me a name to do the work? Please PM me.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

I have a Precedent model and PAR Car told me their bracket does not fit. Also the Club Car Cart World does not do it, I asked Karl at All About ****s and he said he could and gave me a price of $210.

Last edited by simpkinp; 02-21-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Somehow I got all asterisks in the last part of the name
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM

Try Sta-rite. They put seat belts on my 2006 Yamaha.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM

Grandpa and Grandma's Village Buggies put belts on our Club Car. Talk to Scott: 352-552-8478.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

Villages Golf Carts in LSL did mine.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Gold member

I had seat belts installed by Carts and Clubs where I bought my cart originally. Because I have a MEE cab they couldn't put on 3 point seat belts, just around the waist. All they did was bolt the belts to the underside of the seat and then wrapped the belts around the back of the seat. I would think that anyone who is somewhat handy can do this themselves. However, you'd have to look around to find belts to buy. I can't recall the price that I paid but I'm sure it wasn't $200.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I had seat belts installed by Carts and Clubs where I bought my cart originally. Because I have a MEE cab they couldn't put on 3 point seat belts, just around the waist. All they did was bolt the belts to the underside of the seat and then wrapped the belts around the back of the seat. I would think that anyone who is somewhat handy can do this themselves. However, you'd have to look around to find belts to buy. I can't recall the price that I paid but I'm sure it wasn't $200.

John
They did ours also....seems to me it was $30/each. The belts are non-retractable and that may be why they were less expensive.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 PM

Seat belt installation is not something to be taken lightly. I see way too many seat belt installations that in the event of an accident would never do what it was intended to do. As one stated here, attached to the seat and then wrapped around the back. Chances are good it would not hold in the event of an accident. Also, the quality of the seat belt itself is important, a 10 dollars seat belt from your local auto part store may not be the best quality out there. Are you willing to trust getting injured over a 10 dollar belt? I have seen installations where both belts are attached to the rear seat support. Do you realize, that in the event of an accident, its going to squeeze your middle section of your body. Proper angle, and angle of "pull" are critical for a proper working seat belt. I've also seen seat belt installations that are just attached through the plastic body of the cart, again, this would never work in the event of an accident. That 100 dollar seat belt installation may not be all that great when you need it to perform.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM

Just curious as to how many users actually have seat belts in their golf carts? Is this a growing trend? Thanks! Lark
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Gold member

Kbusch, I think my seat belts would hold in an accident because they are bolted to the bottom of the seat to plywood. Of course, if the accident forced the seat up I could see us hitting our heads on the front window. However we feel pretty safe now.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM

Seat belts need to be solidly attached to the frame- in the event of an accident your body weight will double of triple and the ply wood, you think will hold, will pull out, and as I stated before, the angle of pull is critical also. My only intention here is for individuals considering adding seat belts to their cart to make sure they are properly installed, as you would hate to find out that they were not, when you need them to work most.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Sage
Default Golf cart seat belt quote

I know this thread is older but we are considering having retractable seat belts installed in our golf cart, so I was looking us installers and prices on here. We bought the cart from Grandmas and Grandpas so we called Scott for a estimate....he quoted us 150.00.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I know this thread is older but we are considering having retractable seat belts installed in our golf cart, so I was looking us installers and prices on here. We bought the cart from Grandmas and Grandpas so we called Scott for a estimate....he quoted us 150.00.
That's a 'normal' price for retractable seat belts, installed. You might be able to find them for a little less, also for a little more.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 PM

Some "seat belts" come with just the seat belts. Some seat belts have brackets to bolt the the cart and the belts bolt to the bracket for more proper angles, width and more security. I purchased a set with the bracket to install myself, but found that the bracket wasn't wide enough. So, I ended up designing and custom building a bracket myself which is much better. The newly purchased bracket... well I put them on the back seat.

So, ask questions about the bracket. Make sure the bracket fits the cart AND you properly, clears the seat with the belt retractor's, and what they bolt too.

I do recommend installing the retractable's. You may pay a little more, but you won't regret it.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
Kbusch, I think my seat belts would hold in an accident because they are bolted to the bottom of the seat to plywood. Of course, if the accident forced the seat up I could see us hitting our heads on the front window. However we feel pretty safe now.

John
John! I agree with both posts in this thread from KBusch. If the belts are anchored to the plywood at the bottom of your seat, they will not provide any protection in a head-on collision. You, your passenger and the seat will all race to see who goes thru the windshield first.

I will say that most injuries from golf carts are due to the passenger not anticipating a sudden direction change or holding on to the cart and gets thrown out of the cart. In that case, seat belts attached to the plywood under the seat may offer some modest protection.

If anyone is considering installing seatbelts for added protection, make sure they are anchored to a sturdy steel part of the cart.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.