Cloned Gate Cards still work!

Old 05-05-2024, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
And I disagree with everything you just said. Yes, people can be stupid. They'll be stupid with or without gates. Both cart and car drivers.

But gates most certainly make it safer for golf carts...

I bought here with no illusions about the purpose of the gates. And after 3+ years, I'm still happy they're there...
How do you make that conclusion? Just your opinion, but examples please.
I provided several specific reasons how gates are making things less safe.
Just yesterday two cars arrived at an entry with two gates. The cart was fixated at the closer car, and darted in front of its gate, and directly into the lane for the second car - who had to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. That was caused by the inattentive cart driver (cannot fix stupid) and because of how the cart driver is accustomed to pull in front of cars (who have the right of way). NOT SAFER
Old 05-05-2024, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Just yesterday two cars arrived at an entry with two gates. The cart was fixated at the closer car, and darted in front of its gate, and directly into the lane for the second car - who had to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. That was caused by the inattentive cart driver (cannot fix stupid) and because of how the cart driver is accustomed to pull in front of cars (who have the right of way). NOT SAFER
But because of the gates, one car was stopped and the other was moving slowly since it had just been stopped by the gate. Because of this, the car was able to stop rather than hitting the cart.

Now think of what might have happened if there had been no gate and both cars were traveling at 30 or 35 mph after accelerating out of the traffic circle.

Do you drive a cart?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-05-2024, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,332 Times in 4,332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Because in the 3+ years I've had my home in TV, I've yet to experience any of the things you complain about...

And yes, you cannot fix stupid. Stupid wins regardless of if there's a gate or not...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-05-2024, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
But because of the gates, one car was stopped and the other was moving slowly since it had just been stopped by the gate. Because of this, the car was able to stop rather than hitting the cart.

Now think of what might have happened if there had been no gate and both cars were traveling at 30 or 35 mph after accelerating out of the traffic circle.

Do you drive a cart?
I would think the cart would stop and allow the cars to pass. Even stupid people are going to not pull out in front of a moving car. They will wait until it's clear.

And I do drive a cart all over the area. See lots of things and question how to make things safer. So my observations and suggestions are based in first hand experience and witnessing actual things. Not made up from a lack of paying attention.

Tags
cloned, work, gate, ellie, cards

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.