The Villages Golf Car Store-Negotiating Prices?

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Default The Villages Golf Car Store-Negotiating Prices?

I have been considering purchasing a 2010 or 2011 Yamaha gas golf cart. I have looked at models at The Villages Golf Car Store and have gotten some basic prices from them.

I have never purchased a golf cart before so this is all new to me. Has anyone purchased a new cart from The Villages Golf Car store. Is there any flexibility/negotiating on price (similar to buying a car) or is this one of those instances where there's no negotiating?

They did offer me a $400 villager discount as well as an additional $400 discount off the 2010 models.

Any advice from previous purchasers would be appreciated.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

I purchased a refurbed 4 passenger and traded it in on a 2010-2 passenger this spring. I got the $400 savings plus another $250 they were offering at the time.
There really was not any negotiating down the price.
Read my posting about the other dealer that I purchased a 2nd 2010 Yamaha from and you will see why The Villages is the better place to purchase from.
It costs a little more but the service is much better and TV Yamaha will take care of you.

p.s.
The refurbed 4 passenger I traded in is still there at a decent price. I only put a few hours on it and it has the golf bag rack and extra lighting inside. I think they are asking around $ 6,700.00 or so.
Also....if they are offering $400 and another $400 for a 2010........It is still a new cart and really the same cart as the 2011.

Last edited by otherbruddaDarrell; 10-04-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: p.s.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

OBD, is right on. The Village Golf Car Store does give on price very much and also many be a few dollars higher. BUT, you can not beat the way they take care of you after the sale! From free loaners to most times same day service, they can not be matched.

Army Guy
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 AM

Right now they are doing model changeovers and have both new 2010 and new 2011 models. The 2010's will be phased out soon. Besides the $400 extra off the 2010's, they also raised the price by $185 on the 2011 models.

I was told there are three changes on the 2011's - LED taillights are now standard, the light switch is now on the turn signal and the cup holders were redesigned so they now accommodate cups with handles.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
I have been considering purchasing a 2010 or 2011 Yamaha gas golf cart. I have looked at models at The Villages Golf Car Store and have gotten some basic prices from them.

I have never purchased a golf cart before so this is all new to me. Has anyone purchased a new cart from The Villages Golf Car store. Is there any flexibility/negotiating on price (similar to buying a car) or is this one of those instances where there's no negotiating?

They did offer me a $400 villager discount as well as an additional $400 discount off the 2010 models.

Any advice from previous purchasers would be appreciated.
I bought a golf cart from The Villages Golf Car store, when I was there in September. I decided to go with the 2010 model, since there were few changes for 2011, plus the $800 discount you mentioned. However, it didn't take me long to eat up that $800 with options... Ironically, it's harder [more options] to buy a golf cart than it is to buy a house In fact, I decided to get the highback bucket seats which are unbelievably comfortable....one option; discount GONE!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Oh yeah Neils.... I almost forgot. You'll want to add a 12V outlet, so you can charge that Droid X
Old 10-04-2010, 10:32 AM

As soon as my wife saw those seats she decided she wanted them before we even sat in them! The seats are great. The salesman told me originally they didn't think they would sell many because of the price but they were surprised how many people are purchasing them.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 AM

Yeah, I'll need that outlet. The DroidX uses a lot of battery power.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Veteran member

Good luck negotiating ANYTHING in The Villages... not that there's anything wrong with that. But there are better times to buy than others. We happened to buy our refurbished cart from The Villages Golf Cart store in early November when they had a few late year models discounted. It was pure happenstance but, when combined with our TV discount, we felt like we got a very good deal. This is a good time to buy. Also, we've been very happy with the customer service at TVGC store. They gave us a free week long rental when we had visitors and provided other assistance at no charge. They're competitive, friendly and provide great customer service... 'nouf said.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Default The Villages Golf Cart Store

I happen to really feel The Villages Golf Cart Store is great to deal with. When we were last down and closed on our home in September, the next stop was the Golf Cart Store. We ordered the cart a month earlier and was told they will place the order so delivery would be the day before our closing and we could pick it up after closing. Leaving the closing, we received a telephone call stating the cart was cleaned, gassed and waiting for us. As was stated earlier, get the high back seats, you will not regret it. My wife sat in the store demo model with the seats and that is all it took. They gave us the demo to try and ride we did. What a feeling of comfort. Our cart has the LED tail lights, the LED "third" light on the top and the 12V power option for charging a phone or for whatever we need power. The saleperson has called several times checking with us to make sure we are still happy.

Maybe they are a few dollars more, but the service and 5 year warranty is great. Plus they are local and have a vested interest in you and your happiness. I'm pleased.

nuff said
Old 10-04-2010, 06:36 PM

If you order a new cart at The Villages shop --how long is it for delivery ?

Thanks for any info
Old 10-05-2010, 07:36 AM

When we ordered our cart, we ordered it the first of August and they held the order until the middle of the month for a delivery of September first. They stated the order / delivery takes two weeks.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 PM

They quoted me 3 to 4 weeks for a new cart at The Villages Golf Cars. Right now you can still order either a new 2010 or a 2011 Yamaha. It depends on what you order on it. They put mine down as 4 weeks because I ordered a lot of dealer installed options.

They have a brand new bench seat out now that they didn't have two weeks ago when I was there. It's super comfortable and costs about $800. However, my wife and I still decided to go with the bucket seats (ultimate seats) because they have a center armrest, lumbar supports and headrests.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
They quoted me 3 to 4 weeks for a new cart at The Villages Golf Cars. Right now you can still order either a new 2010 or a 2011 Yamaha. It depends on what you order on it. They put mine down as 4 weeks because I ordered a lot of dealer installed options.

They have a brand new bench seat out now that they didn't have two weeks ago when I was there. It's super comfortable and costs about $800. However, my wife and I still decided to go with the bucket seats (ultimate seats) because they have a center armrest, lumbar supports and headrests.
I know what you mean.... Once my wife sat in those seats, it was all over!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Gold member

We got a remanufacture from The Villages Golf Cars. Great experience. It took about 3 1/2 weeks to have it put together but they gave us a loaner to use while waiting for ours. No charge for the loaner.
Our cart came with a three year warranty, which I think is really good for a Reman. Wow.
The cart came out great, exactly like we ordered. It was an easy experience. We dealt with Mike Ficca and I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a cart from a classy outfit.
You might pay a few bucks more at The Villages but some things are just worth it. That's from a cheapskate from way back.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.