Atomic, Wink and Similar Enclosed Cart Owners — Insurance Question Atomic, Wink and Similar Enclosed Cart Owners — Insurance Question - Page 2 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Atomic, Wink and Similar Enclosed Cart Owners — Insurance Question

Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Unread Today, 11:56 AM
sdeikenberry sdeikenberry is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 477
Thanks: 43
Thanked 735 Times in 283 Posts
Default

So my golf cart LSV insurance IS NOT tied to my auto policy...in fact a different company completely for each insurance. When my golf cart was hit the other party was found at fault and their policy paid the repairs...and my insurance did not go up. Same for when our auto was hit in a roundabout...other party found at fault and their policy paid for our totaled auto...and again our insurance did not go up. It's unclear to me why the poster above has their cart tied to their auto and why their insurance increased.
  #17  
Unread Today, 12:20 PM
TheVillageGlossator's Avatar
TheVillageGlossator TheVillageGlossator is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Aug 2026
Posts: 37
Thanks: 22
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It wasn't the question though. I was addressing the question that was asked, which was ""what type of insurance" do people with certain types of vehicles have?"
You misquoted me. The line of inquiry could not have been more straightforward. I directed my question to the owners of a unique subset of golf carts, namely Atomic, aka CHOK and Wink, meaning that I only want to hear about their personal experiences. Secondly, I asked about pricing. Lastly I mentioned LSV because some of these vehicles are golf carts and some are LSVs and insurance premiums and policies would differ. BTW, you never stated whether your Atomic is a cart or an LSV, or how much you pay for insurance, or who your carrier is.
  #18  
Unread Today, 01:21 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is online now
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12,622
Thanks: 10,392
Thanked 13,624 Times in 4,751 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageGlossator View Post
You misquoted me. The line of inquiry could not have been more straightforward. I directed my question to the owners of a unique subset of golf carts, namely Atomic, aka CHOK and Wink, meaning that I only want to hear about their personal experiences. Secondly, I asked about pricing. Lastly I mentioned LSV because some of these vehicles are golf carts and some are LSVs and insurance premiums and policies would differ. BTW, you never stated whether your Atomic is a cart or an LSV, or how much you pay for insurance, or who your carrier is.
This forum is open to anyone who's registered to use it. You can certainly ask for specific people to post responses, but we're not obligated to obey your request. Anyone who's registered can post here.

As you can see, many people have posted here - including people who don't have the types of vehicles you're asking about. I'm not the only one who doesn't own one of the ones you're asking about, who has responded in this thread. So I don't know why you're singling me out to criticize me personally. I didn't state whether my Atomic is a cart or an LSV, but I did state that my golf cart is a gas-powered Club Car. That pretty much rules out any kind of Atomic. I did state how much I paid for the insurance on my golf cart. And since I'm calling it a golf cart, that means it isn't an LSV.
  #19  
Unread Today, 01:37 PM
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 26
Thanks: 4
Thanked 19 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageGlossator View Post
This thread is explicitly directed to owners of Atomic Coupes, CHOKs, Winks or similar enclosed carts. I don’t need an education on LSVs, VINs, electric automobiles or golf cart insurance in general. The question in the original post is very clear: What are owners of these vehicles actually paying for insurance, which company are they using, and what type of policy do they have?

If you don’t have experience insuring an Atomic, CHOK, Wink or similar cart, I don’t see how you can add much value to this thread.
I have a new Atomic that I purchased about 3 weeks ago. I’m insured with Progressive and my premium increased by $2.33 for the reminder of my policy which is up in January 2027. Progressive puts the cart under a motor cycle policy for less than $100 per year.
Insurance coverage 50K/100K Liability,
Property Damage 25K, Medical Payments $2.5K per occurrence, Collision & Comprehensive 1K Deductible, Accessories $3K,. I do not have Uninsured Motorists Coverage. Hope this helps you with your questions.

Last edited by JohnnyT; Today at 01:46 PM. Reason: Add additional information
  #20  
Unread Today, 03:51 PM
Nana2Teddy Nana2Teddy is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: DeLuna
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 1,014
Thanked 398 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageGlossator View Post
Any owners of Atomic Coupes (CHOK), Winks or similar enclosed carts willing to share how much you’re paying annually for insurance and which company you’re using? Do you have a regular golf cart policy, an LSV policy or something else?
We have a 2024 Atomic Cool Kart coupe and it’s insured with State Farm. It’s somewhere in the $80-$100 range annually. I can’t remember exactly and can’t dig for my policy right now. Ours is not street legal. AC works great in summer! We also have a Yamaha gas cart that we use in cooler months. Love the open cart better than the Atomic cart, but hate the summer heat and humidity so that’s why we got the cool cart. There’s an Atomic cart club that formed recently that’s pretty active.
  #21  
Unread Today, 04:01 PM
BrianL99 BrianL99 is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5,481
Thanks: 324
Thanked 4,650 Times in 1,967 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageGlossator View Post
This thread is explicitly directed to owners of Atomic Coupes, CHOKs, Winks or similar enclosed carts. I don’t need an education on LSVs, VINs, electric automobiles or golf cart insurance in general. The question in the original post is very clear: What are owners of these vehicles actually paying for insurance, which company are they using, and what type of policy do they have?

If you don’t have experience insuring an Atomic, CHOK, Wink or similar cart, I don’t see how you can add much value to this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksnap View Post
My ‘24 gas Yamaha full coverage is $80 a year, plus an additional $10 for towing. Thru Progressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
QUOTE LSVs must have LSV insurance. Golf cars that are not LSVs MAY have golf cart insurance, but aren't required to have it. QUOTE

Gotta say...just because you aren't required to have insurance does not mean it's a good idea to not have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
i AGREE. Like most things wise to understand before rather than I SHOULD HAVE. What an adventure. Our golf cart was T boned by a lady driver in a white Toyota Rav 4. White is important because my golf cart is red and it was obvious she hit me. She rolled though a stop sign drove across 4 lanes of traffic to hit me. Have to wonder HOW she did that. Seemed to be playing with the gadgets in the car. We were not injured. I blocked her and photo'd her car and plates. I expected her to run. I asked for license and registration and she refused. She called the police. HUH? Apparently, a Florida option. HUH? Procedure they call the fire department. Three fire trucks and EMS show up. One cop shows up. He asked her for her license and both me and my wife. Aside my golf cart is set for 20 mph the LEGAL SPEED and you do not need to have a license. WE DO HAVE INSURANCE. HUH? I asked the cop for his file number. FLORIDA, if your want an accident report you need to request it and wait for the accident report people. I contacted my insurance people. HUH Florida is a no-fault insurance your golf cart insurance is tied to your auto policy. Report the accident clearly not my fault and my insurance can go up
One last HUH My wife noticed it. Both of our licenses say SAFE DRIVER. Her's does not -more experience with accidents then we have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Posters all seem to be honest. Auto insurance, your gold cart insurance is tied to it. My OPINION wise to get uninsured motorist insurance-there are so many out there. FAIR? What is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
So my golf cart LSV insurance IS NOT tied to my auto policy...in fact a different company completely for each insurance. When my golf cart was hit the other party was found at fault and their policy paid the repairs...and my insurance did not go up. Same for when our auto was hit in a roundabout...other party found at fault and their policy paid for our totaled auto...and again our insurance did not go up. It's unclear to me why the poster above has their cart tied to their auto and why their insurance increased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageGlossator View Post
You misquoted me. The line of inquiry could not have been more straightforward. I directed my question to the owners of a unique subset of golf carts, namely Atomic, aka CHOK and Wink, meaning that I only want to hear about their personal experiences. Secondly, I asked about pricing. Lastly I mentioned LSV because some of these vehicles are golf carts and some are LSVs and insurance premiums and policies would differ. BTW, you never stated whether your Atomic is a cart or an LSV, or how much you pay for insurance, or who your carrier is.
It doesn't matter what your specific question is, people can't wait to offer an unrelated opinion.
Reply

Tags
atomic, owners, insurance, policy, cart


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.