My story of three year old batteries and Lifesaver

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Sage
Default Still no conclusion one way or another on BLS

It has been a month and I wish I could say I see improvement with my battery pack. I have no reason to conclude this product is some kind of snake oil, but at this time, I still cannot point to anything that says my pack is better. I guess a case could be made the pack would be worse off if we did nothing, but that conclusion does not sit well with me no matter the issue being measured. To be fair, my tests are far from perfect or scientific, so a case could also be made that I am not seeing the subtle enhancements or properly interpreting the data.

I was looking for a couple of things as signs of gain:
  • After charging and resting 10+ hours the pack would be closer to 100% or 50.9 volts.
  • After my 25-28 mile ride the stored voltage of the pack would be higher.

My pack still only charges to about 50.3 volts (90%) which is about the same as my readings on May 10th.

IMO, the road test is still impressive for three year old batteries, but to my eye has not changed since I added the BLS.

Code:
5/09        25 miles      48.6
5/12        25+ miles      48.3
6/05        26+ miles      48.2
Again, to be fair, a scientist would have used the exact same route; would have documented the wind, temperature, etc. for each of the results above. I am just a guy who enjoys a ride on a beautiful evening and owns a voltmeter. I will share this with BLS.

Still hoping,
Alan

PS. Here are the individual numbers from June 5, 2011.

Voltages after 17 miles

Code:
8.18     8.20     8.12     8.16     8.23     8.21     49.0
Rested about an hour, then hit the road another 9 miles for a total of 26 miles.

Code:
8.06     8.07     7.99     8.03     8.12     8.09     48.2
All of the numbers are taken immediately after the ride. On 6/5 the pack settled to 48.7 volts. Again, pretty decent for older batteries, but not a huge endorsement for BLS.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

aj, great study. no need to make excuses, if there was a different way to analyze results I would think the manufacturer would have already been here to help, IMHO BLS made no difference, I've seen all I need. dgammon no need to go it alone adding more batteries, Joe's Specialty can help....gn
Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Veteran member
Default TY to AJ

AJBROWN ............Thank you...I appreciate you taking the time to share your research with us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.