New Golf Cart Purchase Inquiry / Suggestions

New Golf Cart Purchase Inquiry / Suggestions

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-22-2019, 07:25 AM

How much did you save over buying the cart from the villages?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:28 AM

By changing the wiring on the golf cart does that void the electrical warranty??
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2019, 07:32 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
How much did you save over buying the cart from the villages?

a few dollars.

each place does things SLIGHTLY different, so a true apples-to-apples is not exact.

C&C does repairs and services in TV.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:49 AM

I don’t think you would go wrong w either The Villages or Carts & Clubs. Options, like a car, are many and are dependent on the buyers desires. You will be spending a lot of time in your golf cart so take that into consideration. I’m sure you can save a few dollars elsewhere but you could have done the same by purchasing a home outside of The Villages.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Villages Discount Golf Car, they're on 466 about a 1/2 mile east on Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf. My neighbor bought his last year from them and I ride in it all the time, no different than my Villages purchased Yamaha. I think he paid about $9,000 for a one year Yamaha gas cart fully loaded with upgraded seats. They come to your house for service just like Carts & Clubs. They usually have a quarter page ad in the paper, $8995 special.

The Villages Florida

Village Discount Golf Car
Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Villages Discount Golf Car, they're on 466 about a 1/2 mile east on Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf. My neighbor bought his last year from them and I ride in it all the time, no different than my Villages purchased Yamaha. I think he paid about $9,000 for a one year Yamaha gas cart fully loaded with upgraded seats. They come to your house for service just like Carts & Clubs. They usually have a quarter page ad in the paper, $8995 special.

Village Discount Golf Car

The OP mentioned "new". I was assuming (could be wrong), new.

Keep in mind, this place buys used carts (without knowing how the cart was used or maintained), throw some paint & seats on the old cart. I'm always worried about the mechanics of the cart, less about the shine.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The OP mentioned "new". I was assuming (could be wrong), new.
I know he said new, but he also said he would like to save a few bucks, a new fully loaded cart with upgraded seats from The Villages costs $13,000 plus. While were at it, one year old carts with all the upgrades are available from Grandpa & Grandma Villages Buggies. I checked them out orginally and they get their carts from a course in Virginia when they are one year old, they replace their carts every year and this place buys the carts. He does a real good job, but I don't think he is as cheap as Villages Discount.

Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies LLC - Home

On the subject of new, Alabama has been mentioned before and the seller had a somewhat shabby appearance if you go there. This place in Alabama, Knight Rides, from the google maps images has a professional looking lot. It's in Opelika, Alabama, which is right next to Auburn, across the state line from Columbus, Georgia. They might be a little higher than the other Alabama seller, they advertise a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech PTV EFI Gas Golf Car for $7495, this is the photo they show. Then your best option is to have it shipped to Villages Discount Golf Cars and they have a $2500 package which includes the curtain shades, mirrors, upgraded seats, etc. For about $10,000 you got a new Yamaha loaded.

The Villages Florida

New Cart Sales | Knight Rides Yamaha Golf Cars and Carts
Old 06-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I know he said new, but he also said he would like to save a few bucks, a new fully loaded cart with upgraded seats from The Villages costs $13,000 plus. While were at it, one year old carts with all the upgrades are available from Grandpa & Grandma Villages Buggies. I checked them out orginally and they get their carts from a course in Virginia when they are one year old, they replace their carts every year and this place buys the carts. He does a real good job, but I don't think he is as cheap as Villages Discount.

Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies LLC - Home

On the subject of new, Alabama has been mentioned before and the seller had a somewhat shabby appearance if you go there. This place in Alabama, Knight Rides, from the google maps images has a professional looking lot. It's in Opelika, Alabama, which is right next to Auburn, across the state line from Columbus, Georgia. They might be a little higher than the other Alabama seller, they advertise a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech PTV EFI Gas Golf Car for $7495, this is the photo they show. Then your best option is to have it shipped to Villages Discount Golf Cars and they have a $2500 package which includes the curtain shades, mirrors, upgraded seats, etc. For about $10,000 you got a new Yamaha loaded.

The Villages Florida

Knightrides no longer sells new. I bought a '16 from them in '17. It was New Old Stock (NOS). You probably heard about them when I posted about them two years ago. I tracked the owner down. He said it wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Knightrides no longer sells new. I bought a '16 from them in '17. It was New Old Stock (NOS). You probably heard about them when I posted about them two years ago. I tracked the owner down. He said it wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha.
I came across their website a few years ago, actually I found a place in Kentucky first who had cheaper Yamahas and then I was looking for a place closer and found Knight Rides. They're advertising 2018's on their website with prices. Maybe he is buying from a third party, because I remember he was about a thousand dollars cheaper the first time I saw his website.

Not to cast doubt on that dealer
Old 06-25-2019, 09:51 AM

Default Not to cast doubt on that dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I used to sell photographic equipment. "Wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha," could mean many things.
For example he may not have the credit to buy direct. Even if he does not buy direct from Yamaha, I would imagine he could work with a dealer who does. Since they do have serial numbers that could easily be traced to where it came from.

We do have a gas Yamaha that we bought new 2014. My opinion-the cost is simply outrageous. It is essentially a riding lawn mower. Annual service at The Villages Golf Cart-spark plug,
oil change (1 qt) and air filter is $100 there is no oil filter. Probably no need to change the air filter every year. Compare that cost to your car.

Tags
purchase, suggestions, model, cart, golf