Star Sirius 2+2 with 210AH Lithium Battery Star Sirius 2+2 with 210AH Lithium Battery - Page 2 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Star Sirius 2+2 with 210AH Lithium Battery

Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Unread 10-06-2026, 07:20 AM
hosegooseman hosegooseman is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 102
Thanks: 42
Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thdave View Post
How many miles would your 210 ah golf cart take you?
85+ no sweat. Live in historic side and driven all the way to Middleton, many, many times. No issues at all. Always return with plenty of range available.

Mine is a C2 (2 seats) from Villages Discount Golf Cart. Friend that lives in Eastport (Shady Brook) has the C4 (4 seats). Same 210 battery on both. Same range performance. Over 2 years of combined ownership (over 4,500 miles total) with multiple really long trips.

My experience/opinion when it comes to electric, the bigger the battery the better. A 160 should be Ok for most owners, but I wouldn’t recommend anything smaller than that.
  #17  
Unread 10-06-2026, 07:40 AM
LeRoySmith LeRoySmith is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: The Enclave
Posts: 1,073
Thanks: 201
Thanked 846 Times in 401 Posts
Default

I'm on year 3 of a 4 forward evolution cart with the 205 amp hour battery. It's holding steady at 70 miles on a full charge with 10-12% remaining.

No way I'm going to travel anywhere near 70 miles in a day.

That said, because it's a cheap Chinese cart it will self destruct pretty soon.
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you...
  #18  
Unread 10-06-2026, 08:23 AM
wayneman wayneman is online now
Bronze Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 102
Thanks: 6
Thanked 67 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Only problems with Madjax is 1. Seats are not adjustable and you cannot upgrade the existing seats. And in my opinion only, were not that comfortable for us shorter drivers. 2. If you have a garage screen mounted on inside framing Madjax will be too tall. If you want it to fit you have to change out the tires at your cost, roughly about $1,000 and up.
  #19  
Unread 10-06-2026, 10:03 AM
di5001 di5001 is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 210 ah Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Sunshine Golf carts in Ocala. Bought my Star 4-5 years ago, $5000 less than Villages Golf Cart quoted. & yes, they pick up & deliver in TV for service. Great place. I think Tom is still the manager: 352) 355-3254




You won't get 65 miles out of a 160 Amp in The Villages.

You'll be lucky to get 65 miles out of a 210 Amp.

Don't listen to all the nonsense about how the 210A goes "90+ miles". Yeah, with one person in it, driven at 10-15 mph.

I have a 210 Amp Star. I've never seen 65 miles.

The 210A (at least in the 2 seater) will usually come programmed for about 25-26 mph. Faster than allowed in a golf cart, but it can be turned down.
I own a Custom Drive 2 with 210 ah lithium battery and I get great milage. It has been close to 4 years now that I have owned it and it is still charging to 100%. Last week I went 31 miles and still had 69% battery charge remaining when I returned home. Mine is a 2 seater and I love my cart. We also have a 2020 gas Yamaha but rarely drive it.
  #20  
Unread 10-06-2026, 05:14 PM
Justputt Justputt is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 379
Thanks: 157
Thanked 232 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thdave View Post
For discussion purposes,is a 210 ah battery worth it? I’m looking for an electric cart and debating the battery size issue. Obviously, the larger the battery the fewer worries about running low on juice. However, given that you can charge the battery every night and that it doesn’t seem reasonable to drive the cart more than 50 miles in a day, I think the largest battery needed is one that reliably goes 50 or 60 miles. The 160 ah battery goes about 65 miles. Do you want a 85 mile battery if you won’t travel 85 miles? It seems to me a 100 ah (40 miles) to 160 ah(65 miles) is the sweet spot.
I have this cart and 75 miles is reasonable, but I've never pushed the range to "E" for obvious reasons. I like electric, no smell, no dripping gas or oil, no tuneups, etc., but there will always be some range anxiety because of "what ifs" and they do take time to charge. If you're sure 50-60 miles/day is your max now AND into the reasonable future, I would get electric.
  #21  
Unread 10-06-2026, 05:47 PM
DAVES DAVES is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 206
Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thdave View Post
How many miles would your 210 ah golf cart take you?
I'm only reading because it seemed to imply original post has both gas and electric-does not seem to be the case. I used to sell professional rechargeable equipment. Long time ago
and things have changed. For one thing batteries have greatly improved and in REAL DOLLARS, gone down in cost. Range on a battery perhaps think of it as a bucket of electric power. It can't hold more than 210 ampere hours. You turn on the lights, the radio they all use that electricity that the bucket you decided to purchase will hold. Weight? Avoiding issues. It uses more out of your bucket for BIG ???????????.

Aside- electric golf carts are 48 volts. Lithium cells, I should look it up are if, I'm right, 1.5 v per cell. SO if I'm right 48 div by 1.5 is 32 cells you cannot fully discharge the pile of cells. The machine prevents it . Were you to run it all the way down, you would reverse the polarity of the weakest cell and damage or destroy the battery.

Like everything. No shortage of OPINIONS. HEAT is hard on batteries-THIS IS FLORIDA-HOT. GAS-this is still FLORIDA IT IS STILL HOT. Air cooled engines are noisier than your water cooled car and the run hotter.

I've wondered who has the oldest running golf cart in the villages. We have a 13 year old Yamaha gas fuel injected cart. We use it mostly everyday and I'm not even a contender for the oldest. HUH? I'm also 13 years older. Don't have that record either.
  #22  
Unread Yesterday, 01:51 PM
USNA87's Avatar
USNA87 USNA87 is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2024
Location: Village of Edenfield
Posts: 38
Thanks: 153
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I have a 2024 Star Sirius four seater (two aft facing) and fully loaded. Bought it used from Fast Eddie's in Ocala and it had 600 miles on it and still had a warranty from The Villages Golf Cars. The furthest trip I have taken is 38 miles with three people. When I got home, I still had 48% battery left. I am happy with that and feel confident I can go anywhere in The Villages I need to and get home.
  #23  
Unread Yesterday, 04:38 PM
BrianL99 BrianL99 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 5,529
Thanks: 325
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,976 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNA87 View Post
The furthest trip I have taken is 38 miles with three people. When I got home, I still had 48% battery left. I am happy with that and feel confident I can go anywhere in The Villages I need to and get home.
I've found that neither the gauge nor the App on my Sirius, is linear. When I ran a 105 AMP to "dead", the App was showing 20% remaining and the Gauge went from "2 bars" to dead, in about 3 miles.

Personally, I wouldn't depend on the gauge nor the App, if I was 20 miles from home and had to get there. It's sort of like testing how far you can get in your car, when the "low fuel warning light" comes on. Typically, you can get about 98% as far as you think you can.

Last edited by BrianL99; Today at 03:31 AM.
  #24  
Unread Yesterday, 05:13 PM
CarlR33 CarlR33 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Newell the place to be in the South
Posts: 1,869
Thanks: 804
Thanked 1,326 Times in 700 Posts
Default

My Trojan 105 Ah Lithium in my 2 seat Ezgo RXV is rated at 50 miles and why I converted it with the Trojan one pack due to potential range anxiety. I have never had an issue driving from the far south Newell to Spanish Springs and back other than I had been in the cart long enough and still had plenty of charge to spare. 50 miles in a golf cart is a long day you will hardly ever do.
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say.
  #25  
Unread Today, 06:55 AM
Rocksnap Rocksnap is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 796
Thanks: 1,449
Thanked 668 Times in 336 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thdave View Post
For discussion purposes,is a 210 ah battery worth it? I’m looking for an electric cart and debating the battery size issue. Obviously, the larger the battery the fewer worries about running low on juice. However, given that you can charge the battery every night and that it doesn’t seem reasonable to drive the cart more than 50 miles in a day, I think the largest battery needed is one that reliably goes 50 or 60 miles. The 160 ah battery goes about 65 miles. Do you want a 85 mile battery if you won’t travel 85 miles? It seems to me a 100 ah (40 miles) to 160 ah(65 miles) is the sweet spot.
Rule of thumb. The faster you juice your cart, the less range you will have.
To get that 50 mile range, you will be doing 20mph.
Now juice it to 25 mph, you not will get 40 miles of range.
I was following a 4-forward down Barr Ave from my car. He was juiced to 30 mph. His range was far less than advertised.
  #26  
Unread Today, 07:01 AM
Rocksnap Rocksnap is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 796
Thanks: 1,449
Thanked 668 Times in 336 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
The star cart will connect to your iPhone. When new I was getting 72 to 76. But but but who puts 60 miles a day on a cart.

I just bought a Tesla. I used to be anti battery. Till I did the deep reviews. Best vehicle I have owned. Stop listening to naysayers. Also my star consistently gets 25 mph
EV cars=very high insurance. From what I am researching. While you may save at least”the pump”, you will far exceed with insurance premiums. By the order of 2.5-3 times the amount from what I am seeing.
ICE auto insurance in Florida is already crazy. Now add on having an EV!
  #27  
Unread Today, 07:05 AM
Rocksnap Rocksnap is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 796
Thanks: 1,449
Thanked 668 Times in 336 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosegooseman View Post
85+ no sweat. Live in historic side and driven all the way to Middleton, many, many times. No issues at all. Always return with plenty of range available.

Mine is a C2 (2 seats) from Villages Discount Golf Cart. Friend that lives in Eastport (Shady Brook) has the C4 (4 seats). Same 210 battery on both. Same range performance. Over 2 years of combined ownership (over 4,500 miles total) with multiple really long trips.

My experience/opinion when it comes to electric, the bigger the battery the better. A 160 should be Ok for most owners, but I wouldn’t recommend anything smaller than that.
In 2 years I’m averaging 6000 miles a year. I live in Shady Brook/Eastport and think nothing of riding to the northern borders of TV.
In fact, I’ll be doing that 3 times next week.
I’m sure I’m in the top 5% for putting miles on. Even with a 210 battery I don’t think the cart would survive.
  #28  
Unread Today, 07:19 AM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,227
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,510 Times in 891 Posts
Default

Not in my experience with my Tesla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksnap View Post
EV cars=very high insurance. From what I am researching. While you may save at least”the pump”, you will far exceed with insurance premiums. By the order of 2.5-3 times the amount from what I am seeing.
ICE auto insurance in Florida is already crazy. Now add on having an EV!
  #29  
Unread Today, 07:25 AM
CarlR33 CarlR33 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Newell the place to be in the South
Posts: 1,869
Thanks: 804
Thanked 1,326 Times in 700 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksnap View Post
EV cars=very high insurance. From what I am researching. While you may save at least”the pump”, you will far exceed with insurance premiums. By the order of 2.5-3 times the amount from what I am seeing.
ICE auto insurance in Florida is already crazy. Now add on having an EV!
What does car insurance have to do with OP’s question related to a golf cart battery?
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say.
  #30  
Unread Today, 09:26 AM
cemlopez cemlopez is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thdave View Post
For discussion purposes,is a 210 ah battery worth it? I’m looking for an electric cart and debating the battery size issue. Obviously, the larger the battery the fewer worries about running low on juice. However, given that you can charge the battery every night and that it doesn’t seem reasonable to drive the cart more than 50 miles in a day, I think the largest battery needed is one that reliably goes 50 or 60 miles. The 160 ah battery goes about 65 miles. Do you want a 85 mile battery if you won’t travel 85 miles? It seems to me a 100 ah (40 miles) to 160 ah(65 miles) is the sweet spot.
Sorry to disappoint you, I own the subject golf cart, and with just myself and a golf bag, it averages about 3AH per mile. You need to take into account that a lithium battery should not be discharge below 10% and rarely get fully charged, do not take the dealers advertising as the results you would get in real life.
Reply

Tags
star, 2+2, 210ah, lithium, battery


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.