Animal Lovers - Help Needed

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Thanks so much to every kind person who responded to my post.

Lake County - must have been Animal Control because the person drove a dog catcher's truck - just showed up and issued some type of paperwork (citation, summons ?) to the occupants, dog is now inside and will, hopefully, remain there!

Thanks again, peeps!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Great news - for you and that poor animal. Nice quick work by the Lake County Animal Control.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Good morning, everyone! Please help me before I pull my hair out! I live on the beautiful historic side next door to a house occupied by three adults and a dog. The dog is tied up outside on the side of the house facing my direction and is tied up by a rope/leash which might be 5 ft. long. He is tied up out there all most 24/7 and barks continuously!!! If I move around in my house, the monster senses it and barks! Going out of the door is getting to be out of the question.

The people don't give a rat's behind so please don't suggest that route. Community Watch says to call animal control. Animal control doesn't actually exist in Lady Lake - you get the police dept. who have been called but haven't shown up after two calls.

I'm hoping that an animal activist type here on TOTV can direct me to some one or agency who might care that this dog is being abused and is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance for your help!

p.s. This little dog is vicious and the owners have bragged to me that he has only bitten two people! I mention this because I have considered being his pal but he is unapproachable.
Here is the starting point for reporting mistreatment of animals in your area.

Humane Society of Lake County - Report Animal Abuse
Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 PM

A friend of mine had this problem, and lo and behold, the gate was left open and somehow the dog ran away .....
Old 01-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
what about the Humane Society of Lake County
this is from their website: Our Humane Society operates a no-kill shelter, and we are the only animal welfare agency in Lake County that investigates cruelty, abandoned and/or abused animals.

call them and report the dog is tied out all that time...that is cruelty. Some counties have even passed laws prohibiting dogs being tied out.
I feel sorry for the poor dog with idiot owners. I'm glad for Carol's sake that the dog has been taken inside. Let's hope the owners continue to show respect for their neighbors.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Forbes View Post
A friend of mine had this problem, and lo and behold, the gate was left open and somehow the dog ran away .....
That's a bad scenario for the dog, when it's doing nothing wrong. Maybe someone should leave the back door to the house open and hope the owners run away.

I like the way this worked out--a win-win for both Carol and the dog.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

so glad you were able to get this rectified...especially since it is sooooooooo cold out...now hopefully you won't have to deal with ****ed off neighbors treating all the neighbors like crap in retaliation...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Thanks so much to every kind person who responded to my post.

Lake County - must have been Animal Control because the person drove a dog catcher's truck - just showed up and issued some type of paperwork (citation, summons ?) to the occupants, dog is now inside and will, hopefully, remain there!

Thanks again, peeps!

I have to wonder if Lake County Animal Control was responding to this thread. TOTV is an attention getter, so...? Carol, either way, YOU DONE GOOD!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 AM

Update. Brutus. (name changed to protect the innocent), came out into the front yard yesterday with two of the people who live in his house. They were only out for about 10 minutes but Brutus got to run around and jump. He looked over at me and I could have sworn he was smiling!

Last edited by CarolSells; 01-23-2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Word chg
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Sage

LOL, great work, Carol. and to babbs, Barbara. wonderful story. happy ending!
lucky puppy. totv rules!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

I can see him smiling from here too!!! he's happy to be in where it is warm with no restraints!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Does anyone know if there is an ordinance against tethering in Sumter County? Our dog Crosby likes to lounge around in the driveway (on a line) and watch the world go by. One bark and we bring him in. In fact, when he wants to come in, he comes to the front door and barks once. (He's not a barker at all.)

There's no water around us, so I'm not worried about alligators, and we've only seen one small snake in two years. However, if there's an ordinance, perhaps we would have to rethink this.

Carol, you have made Brutus one happy dog!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Sage

Crosby is lounging and just happens to have a rope attached to him. That is far different then tying an animal to a pole and leaving him all the time. Let him enjoy his driveway life - don't think it will be a problem.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Crosby is lounging and just happens to have a rope attached to him. That is far different then tying an animal to a pole and leaving him all the time. Let him enjoy his driveway life - don't think it will be a problem.
Crosby is a very well-behaved Golden with good manners. I doubt anyone would object to him lying in the driveway and enjoying the sunshine. He doesn't hurl himself down the driveway when people walk by. Gomoho made a good point when she said he is lounging rather than being tethered. And when he is done, he politely asks to come in. I bet your neighbors love Crosby.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Sage

image-jpg

If you can't give your pets a wonderful life, please find them a home and owner that can. Our little guy has been a source of joy for 17 years and 10 months. We hope for many more years. As long as he wags his tail, we know he still wants to be here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.