Dangerous "STUPID" Way To Walk Rover

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Gold member

For Gods sake. You people have too much time on your hands. What would you have said if the guy was riding a bicycle with rover trotting along beside. NOTHING, that's what.

Yoda
Old 11-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
For Gods sake. You people have too much time on your hands. What would you have said if the guy was riding a bicycle with rover trotting along beside. NOTHING, that's what.

Yoda
If the guy was riding a bicycle at least he was getting some exercise also.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Just a thought... how about those people who push their dogs in strollers?

I don't want to offend anyone, but I just don't get it...don't we "walk" our dogs for exercise? Or, if anything, just to let them poop on Fumar's front lawn!

I'm just sayin'....
Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
One evening, we were in the mail station when a golf cart pulled in just about full speed. The driver had a dog on a leash and when he stopped, the poor dog tried to stop but skidded on all fours and finally rolled over and over til the leash ran out and he gagged.
What was the owner's response when this happened to his dog? Did he feel bad? Did anyone watching run over to see if the dog was OK?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Gold member
Default dogs

I agree, way to much time on their hands.Pushing dogs in strollers,we just can"t figure that out. Sorta spooky.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I have a friend who uses a stroller for her dog. He's 19 years old, half blind and really can't walk, but he loves going out and sniffing the air. For him, a stroller makes perfect sense. I can also understand a stroller for a skittish dog and I definitely prefer dogs in strollers at the squares to those walking around.

So, whenever I see a dog in a stroller, I hope that it is because the dog needs it for some reason, not because the owner thinks it's "cute."

As to the idiots who drive their dogs, there are no words.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Thanks F16 maybe if more people would be willing to say something when they see someone doing something that is a hazard for all it would be a safer place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
I wasn't sure where to put this but here goes. On several occasions I've seen people running their dogs on a leash while driving their golf carts. One guy likes to drive against traffic. Yes on the wrong side of the median on the path along 466A between Morse and Buena Vista. He's steering with his right hand and holds the leash with his left while his dog runs beside him UNTIL tonight. While I was standing in the grass talking to another fellow walking his dog I see this cart approaching fast with a dog running next to it. Then I hear tires squealing from the IDIOT locking up his brakes because he almost ran over his dog when his dog crossed in front of his cart. I casually mentioned to him that it was not in the dogs best interest to be ran along side the cart. The IDIOT continued on. The other fellow that was standing next to me called him a real genius. I called him a friendly individual. At least the words started with F & I. I got back in my cart heading home only to see the IDIOT driving on the left side of the island (median) with his dog in tow. I mentioned to him, because I'm in the proper lane running parallel, that he would have felt terrible if he'd ran over his dog. He slowed but continued on. I thought screw it. You can't fix "STUPID".

Quote:

Yoda
If you aren't concerned about the dogs safety maybe the part about driving on the wrong side of the path might get your attention. That the dog was almost injured does concern many of us and also driving on the wrong side of the path and not being in complete control is a hazard to all on the paths.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Gold member

has anyone considered that perhaps this guy is handicapped and doing the best he can do?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I agree, way to much time on their hands.Pushing dogs in strollers,we just can"t figure that out. Sorta spooky.
There are some people (and Fumar, I'm not mentioning any names here), who get offended at dogs walking in the squares. They think the dogs may bite them, or pee, or someone might trip over a dog or a leash.

Perhaps the "stroller people" are just trying to be good citizens.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
There are some people (and Fumar, I'm not mentioning any names here), who get offended at dogs walking in the squares. They think the dogs may bite them, or pee, or someone might trip over a dog or a leash.

Perhaps the "stroller people" are just trying to be good citizens.
I agree. It's a good way to take a small dog to the squares. Sure, Fido could be left at home, but if Fido loves to go, and he's in no one's way in the stroller, what's the objection?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
Thanks F16 maybe if more people would be willing to say something when they see someone doing something that is a hazard for all it would be a safer place.

If you aren't concerned about the dogs safety maybe the part about driving on the wrong side of the path might get your attention. That the dog was almost injured does concern many of us and also driving on the wrong side of the path and not being in complete control is a hazard to all on the paths.
If you really care about your dog, get him out of TV. More than 20% of the people here would cut off his legs for crapping on their lawn. Half of them would cut off yours.

Yoda
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you really care about your dog, get him out of TV. More than 20% of the people here would cut off his legs for crapping on their lawn. Half of them would cut off yours.

Yoda

I have owned my home in TV for three years and thankfully haven't met that 20% of the population. My neighborhood is very dog friendly and I don't let my dogs use my neighbors yard as their toilet.

Since you are such a "Warm and Fuzzy Guy" I'm sure you are not including yourself in that 20%.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
I have owned my home in TV for three years and thankfully haven't met that 20% of the population. My neighborhood is very dog friendly and I don't let my dogs use my neighbors yard as their toilet.

Since you are such a "Warm and Fuzzy Guy" I'm sure you are not including yourself in that 20%.
I knew that Warm and fuzzy was going to get me into trouble.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.