Dog versus lanai screens

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Smile Dog versus lanai screens

Hi, We own a 70lb. German Shepard. Does anyone have a solution to prevent her from running thru the screening on the lanai? I'm pretty handy so I appreciate your ideas. Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
Hi, We own a 70lb. German Shepard. Does anyone have a solution to prevent her from running thru the screening on the lanai? I'm pretty handy so I appreciate your ideas. Thanks
There is aluminum fencing you can install between the posts on the lower half of the lanai. This is standard if the lanai is raised from the ground by more than a few inches. If you don't have this fencing, install it. Problem solved.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I had an afghan that would run through any screen door (and even hit the glass and shatter it a few times) to say hi to you. I ended up putting wrought iron fencing on the lower half. Looked decorative and he couldn't run through that, just hit it hard and go "Huh?". So, maybe you can find something like that to put on the lower half of the lanai?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Plastic lattice sold at Lowe's and Home Depot would work.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Smile

Thanks, everyone !!! I will try these ideas. Art
Old 06-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to navair4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
This is good to know...we just bought a home in TV and hadn't even thought about this issue, we have 2 labs, the lanai screen is no match for either of them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.