Dr. Drum, Colony Vet

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2015, 07:32 AM
Default Dr. Drum, Colony Vet

I want to send a big thank you to Dr. Drum at Colony Vet. Lots of people ask about a good vet and I always recommend him, but he goes a little further. Most vets won't deal with wild animals at a domestic animal hospital. My cat got out into my courtyard and I gave up trying to get him in for awhile. I was sitting in the lanai and heard a "squeal". He had gotten a mouse. I got him inside and picked up the mouse-it was so cute! As I put him in a box I noticed his lower half was paralyzed. I figured he would die by morning since the cat probably bit him. Well, he didn't. In the am he was still alive but still paralyzed. I called Dr. Drum and he put him down humanely. I couldn't stand the thought of the mouse suffering or trying to put it down ourselves. My husband offered but I couldn't let him do it. Yes, I had to pay for the "controlled substance" they used to put it down, but it was worth it for me to know the mouse was not suffering. And yes, I am very mad at my cat!
Thank you Dr. Drum, and I would recommend you to anyone!
(please no responses about how cats destroy wildlife. He raced out while I opened the door for the dog and played "catch me if you can")
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.