King Charles Cavalier Puppies

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Huddles49 Huddles49 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default King Charles Cavalier Puppies

Please send me an email if you know of anyone who is interested in a King Charles Cavalier puppy. The puppies will be available for their forever home around April 20th.

Thank you. Debbie
  #2  
Old 03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
dbanks50 dbanks50 is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Jasper, GA & TV
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sent you a private message.
  #3  
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Indydealmaker's Avatar
Indydealmaker Indydealmaker is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bonita
Posts: 2,196
Thanks: 93
Thanked 166 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddles49 View Post
Please send me an email if you know of anyone who is interested in a King Charles Cavalier puppy. The puppies will be available for their forever home around April 20th.

Thank you. Debbie
I thought Villagers were not to have in excess of two pets?
__________________
Real Name: Steven Massy Arrived at TV through Greenwood, IN; Moss Beach, CA; La Grange, KY; Crystal River, FL; The Villages, FL
  #4  
Old 03-05-2015, 01:19 PM
sharoni sharoni is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan and Lauren Villas
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Also sent you a PM
  #5  
Old 03-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Cathy H Cathy H is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

this breed is known to have genetic strains of heart disease that shortens their dear lives. do you have evidence that the breeding pairs are free of that?
  #6  
Old 03-05-2015, 08:08 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default King Charles Cavalier Puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
this breed is known to have genetic strains of heart disease that shortens their dear lives. do you have evidence that the breeding pairs are free of that?

All purebreds are prone to genetic issues if they are sufficiently inbred. While your comment is technically accurate (as for most breeds), good veterinary history and familial genealogy can help minimize these issues. My avatar is of our former Cavalier, Winston. Our current pet, Harry, will be 3 in August. His predecessor, Winston, lived until 10. His family had 7 genetic heart problem free generations. Despite that he did develop a heart murmur.

I couldn't ask for a pet with a sweeter disposition.

What's important is to research the family line. Not generally discourage people from purchasing the breed. Personally, I could not ever own another breed.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by dbussone; 03-05-2015 at 09:10 PM.
  #7  
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 PM
lafoto lafoto is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rio Grande
Posts: 78
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The greatest companion dog ever!
Perfect for villagers.
The Villages Florida
  #8  
Old 03-05-2015, 09:39 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,949
Thanks: 367
Thanked 1,102 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
All purebreds are prone to genetic issues if they are sufficiently inbred. While your comment is technically accurate (as for most breeds), good veterinary history and familial genealogy can help minimize these issues. My avatar is of our former Cavalier, Winston. Our current pet, Harry, will be 3 in August. His predecessor, Winston, lived until 10. His family had 7 genetic heart problem free generations. Despite that he did develop a heart murmur.

I couldn't ask for a pet with a sweeter disposition.

What's important is to research the family line. Not generally discourage people from purchasing the breed. Personally, I could not ever own another breed.
Your point is well made. Really well made. I might add... I know that there are many dogs waiting in shelters to be adopted, but I also believe in buying purebreds from a good breeder to keep the different breeds alive and thriving. Please don't pound on me, rescue people. I give to and help shelters and might be encouraged to adopt an older golden after our current one passes on. But like db, I am stuck on one breed because of the reliability of the temperament, the looks, and because I love big dogs.

Please get AKC registry numbers (that might be the wrong term) from the breeder and take them to your vet. She will help you look up the genealogy of the family and any certifications as to heart, joints, eyes, etc. A good breeder will have this, but you can double-check.

I have heard that Cavs have a golden retriever's happy-go-lucky, people loving temperament in a small, manageable body. I know of one whose best friend was a Rottweiler! They sound like great dogs.
__________________
It's harder to hate close up.
  #9  
Old 03-06-2015, 02:46 AM
Bonanza's Avatar
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,985
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
this breed is known to have genetic strains of heart disease that shortens their dear lives. do you have evidence that the breeding pairs are free of that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
All purebreds are prone to genetic issues if they are sufficiently inbred. While your comment is technically accurate (as for most breeds), good veterinary history and familial genealogy can help minimize these issues. My avatar is of our former Cavalier, Winston. Our current pet, Harry, will be 3 in August. His predecessor, Winston, lived until 10. His family had 7 genetic heart problem free generations. Despite that he did develop a heart murmur.

I couldn't ask for a pet with a sweeter disposition.

What's important is to research the family line. Not generally discourage people from purchasing the breed. Personally, I could not ever own another breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Your point is well made. Really well made. I might add... I know that there are many dogs waiting in shelters to be adopted, but I also believe in buying purebreds from a good breeder to keep the different breeds alive and thriving. Please don't pound on me, rescue people. I give to and help shelters and might be encouraged to adopt an older golden after our current one passes on. But like db, I am stuck on one breed because of the reliability of the temperament, the looks, and because I love big dogs.

Please get AKC registry numbers (that might be the wrong term) from the breeder and take them to your vet. She will help you look up the genealogy of the family and any certifications as to heart, joints, eyes, etc. A good breeder will have this, but you can double-check.

I have heard that Cavs have a golden retriever's happy-go-lucky, people loving temperament in a small, manageable body. I know of one whose best friend was a Rottweiler! They sound like great dogs.
Don't let Cathy H put the fear of God in you.
CFrance is correct in what she says and Dbusssone is correct in that all breeds are prone to something.
However, that should never stop you from loving and getting what you want.
Even most dogs of uncertain breed history have something in their genetic makeup whereby they are prone to something.

Throughout my husband's and my life we have had both purebred and mutts.
In purchasing a pure bred dog I would never buy from someone who is simply "having a litter."
Usually, it's because they want to make money. We only buy from a breeder. Breeders usually show their dogs and when they breed, do so for the betterment of the breed. Their dogs are a serious business for them. The good breeders will always have some champions in the dog's lineage.
__________________
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
~~ Robert W. Service ~~
  #10  
Old 03-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Cisco Kid's Avatar
Cisco Kid Cisco Kid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monticello IL
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

This boy lived 3/4 of his life with an enlarged heart.
He had the condition when I got him.
He passed a age 13. Alex.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	48626  
__________________
My alarm doesn't have a snooze button. It has a paw.

Chloe
&
Lulu
  #11  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:15 AM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
This boy lived 3/4 of his life with an enlarged heart.
He had the condition when I got him.
He passed a age 13. Alex.
And what a cutie. He appears to be smiling he's so happy.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #12  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:13 AM
towgo towgo is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

tomw6164@gmail.com interested in puppy
  #13  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:16 AM
quirky3's Avatar
quirky3 quirky3 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

This is a wonderful breed but please ask about the heart health and longevity of the parents and grandparents. My Molly )a Cavalier KCS) was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and died at age 8.....it turned out her mother also had that. It is heartbreaking and took 6 months as she slowly went downhill. Some people can take that. It is very hard on others.
__________________
"Carpe the heck out of your Diems- with joy!"

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
  #14  
Old 03-06-2015, 08:22 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,738
Thanks: 489
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,809 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
this breed is known to have genetic strains of heart disease that shortens their dear lives. do you have evidence that the breeding pairs are free of that?
My daughter's turns 15 next month and acts like a puppy. Her friend's is a couple years behind.
  #15  
Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Sunnie7132 Sunnie7132 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We are interested in a female puppy. Please call Lou @ 815.341.4225.
Thank you
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.