Lost cat - large orange male tabby

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Platinum member

Did anyone check out the cat that chuckinca saw in Petsmart? If not, I will check on it.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Marcia, this video is for you. I haven't heard from Sandy for a while with any leads, but Oliver could still come home. This has to be in Alabama; I recognize the accent. Watch:

http://www.dogwork.com/tor8/
Old 05-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Did anyone check out the cat that chuckinca saw in Petsmart? If not, I will check on it.

We went back and it was adopted - talked to the mgr and he said all their cats come from Marion Cty Animal Services and that the orange cat they had was declawed - not Ollie.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Platinum member

Chuckinca, Thank you. Pat
Old 05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage

Every time I see an update to this thread I get so excited, thinking Ollie has finally been found. Oh, how I wish that little guy would come home.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Me too Bare.

Chuck, that was so nice of you to check.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Default Thank you, chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Chuckinca, Thank you. Pat

I am grateful you took the time to check with the pet store. I did as well and called the Marion Shelter. I then went through all 176 orange tabby cats that had come to them since Feb. 8. Most were kittens; there was one near miss as that cat had orange eyes whereas Ollie's are light green. Ollie has his claws, which sigh, I guess he needs these days.

Thanks,

Marcia
Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Marcia, this video is for you. I haven't heard from Sandy for a while with any leads, but Oliver could still come home. This has to be in Alabama; I recognize the accent. Watch:

http://www.dogwork.com/tor8/
Mrs. K-9 Lovers,

Thanks for the video. It is a wonderful thought, and hopefully I'll be able to duplicate in The Villages soon.

Marcia
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Me too Bare.

Chuck, that was so nice of you to check.

Welcome. It gave me something to do while my wife was making her daily visit to Joanns.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Any update on finding Oliver? With so many looking, he has to be someplace around there. I do so hope he is found and returned to his obviously loving home. I still miss our Tigger two cats every day, so I have an idea of what your going through.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Default Oliver update

Everyone,

I was in the Villages last week and have received good reports that Ollie is/was wandering around the Pimlico GC recently. An ambassador saw him twice and one of the residents thought she saw him. Regardless, I sat out several nights for 2+ hours calling for him...and no Ollie. I also put out more flyers to nearby residents.

Oliver seems to favor houses that have cats in them already so if you know anyone on the southwest side of 466 who also owns a cat or two, please let them know that my precious little bundle of fur in a dark orange tabby pattern may be out and about. And if so, please try to get him contained in a container so someone can come by and pick him up. While I am now back in Texas for a few weeks I do have a couple of folks there who can come by and pick up Oliver, who will be safely boarded at his vet until I can come back and pick him up. I still have that nice reward or charitable contribution to induce someone to act.

By the way, the orange and white cat at Walmart on 466 who hangs out near the Garden Center and the shopping cart area is not Oliver. Among other things that cat has more white on him that Ollie does, has longer fur, and his gender is ah, "intact" whereas Ollie has been ah er neutered.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. Ollie is out there somewhere!

Marcia
Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Sage

Marcia,

Keep the faith that you will be reunited with Oliver soon. St. Francis of Assisi must be watching over him.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
Everyone,

I was in the Villages last week and have received good reports that Ollie is/was wandering around the Pimlico GC recently. An ambassador saw him twice and one of the residents thought she saw him. Regardless, I sat out several nights for 2+ hours calling for him...and no Ollie. I also put out more flyers to nearby residents.

Oliver seems to favor houses that have cats in them already so if you know anyone on the southwest side of 466 who also owns a cat or two, please let them know that my precious little bundle of fur in a dark orange tabby pattern may be out and about. And if so, please try to get him contained in a container so someone can come by and pick him up. While I am now back in Texas for a few weeks I do have a couple of folks there who can come by and pick up Oliver, who will be safely boarded at his vet until I can come back and pick him up. I still have that nice reward or charitable contribution to induce someone to act.

By the way, the orange and white cat at Walmart on 466 who hangs out near the Garden Center and the shopping cart area is not Oliver. Among other things that cat has more white on him that Ollie does, has longer fur, and his gender is ah, "intact" whereas Ollie has been ah er neutered.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. Ollie is out there somewhere!

Marcia
Every time this thread pops up, I think perhaps Ollie has returned home and I get so excited. It sounds as if the Pimlico lead could be a good one. I wish I could go to Pimlico and talk to people at mail stations. It's a really good way to get the word out and talk to pet people, who are more than sympathetic. Unfortunately I'm in Canada right now.

Marcia, keep the faith! Sending thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Default Oscar still missing but cat seen near spanish spring

I went up to visit daughter but last Wednesday a large orange cat seen near Spanish Spring. We went up to look but could not find cat. Hope you find your cat. We do look for lost cat every day. hobe65
Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Default Oliver redux

All,

I am still positive that I will be reunited with Oliver. Enough people in The Villages care, including many who don't have cats. I think someone or several someones may be feeding Ollie as the cat seen on Pimlico was described as "well fed" and not obviously thin as one might expect.

Ollie has his claws in tact but I don't think he was ever much of a hunter. I can say that as Ollie came crawling out of a storm drain 3 years ago near CR 101 and I did the reverse process of what I am doing now. I.e., scoured the Villages Sun for 6 weeks back, went to every public bulletin board, asked the gatekeepers, called every shelter within a 25 mile radius, all the humane services, animal control, etc. The neighbors on the street had seen the cat soon to be renamed Oliver for about 10 days before I got there and had seen him trying to "hunt", without much success. No one "claimed" Ollie, so I brought him home, updated (or did, for the first time) his various shots against feline diseases, etc and smothered him with love. He was on long term loan to his pet grandparents to cheer someone up when he went missing. It was an accident that he got out and having not lived in The Villages for 3 years, doesn't know which house is his.

Oliver is a smart cat. I trained him to walk on a leash, which wasn't productive in the dog sense but gave Oliver a chance to feel the wind in his fur and explore the great outdoors safely. Cats do not walk in straight lines while leashed so it is sort of a zig zag exercise.

Right now, I've reached out on this electronic bb, distributed about 500 flyers, rdistributed color photographs, ran numerous ads in the newspaper and on the radio station, alerted the manned gate houses, and personnel at various golf courses, purchased several havaheart traps, captured two feral cats (both spayed, vacinated and re-released as per protocols), set traps, policed said traps, caught an opposum (released) and answered many, many calls about possible sightings. Oliver did make the Villages Sun back in May in an article in which another cat went missing and has since been reunited. I am thanking the journalist who wrote the article. And I just keep trying.

Marcia
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.