Hacienda GC

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2020, 09:25 AM

I live in Spanish Springs on a golf course. If they built an apartment complex behind me on the golf course I would be furious!! There is no room for more living quarters in Spanish Springs. The traffic can't handle what we have already during season. It's an impossibility to turn left on Morse in any direction.
I'm adamantly against the building the apartment complex there. As far as the subject of greed and the Developers, they're knocking themselves out building South Non-Stop and if they want to add apartment complexes they can do it all down there. They've forgotten all about Spanish Springs and it has turned into a Shabby mess compared to what it used to be. If they want to come mess around North they should focus on fixing things back the way they should be and taking better care of the grounds and the roads. The service road the post office is on is deplorable and so is the landscape there, and other places.
The developers have more than enough opportunity to make money. One thing they're not hurting in is money. It can't always be about the money in order to keep the design and attention, you've got to give some stuff. They've been making Oodles of money off of us with the amenities fees for almost a year now during covid-19 with everything shut down, pocketing the majority of it, because they surely have not done well at taking care of the north side of the villages! Also, the engineers that do the footprints for the roads, parking lots, landscape, etc. Are deplorable!!! I have no clue what they are thinking with the awkward, hard to navigate angles, tight corners, lost space, dangerous views do to landscape, lost parking spot opportunities and such. Madening and dangerous. Just doesn't make sense in so many scenarios.
I used to really love this place, now it's becoming a very different story and I see it in a whole different light. Not a happy camper!!!

Last edited by candyco33; 09-11-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,911 Times in 3,715 Posts

Let's just take a handful of houses in the area............look a the original sale price (with site premiums included) and today's estimated value. Zillow estimated values are not 100%, but are good enough for gov't work.

#1 $200k, now $518k
#2 $269k, now $614k
#3 $217k, now $542k
#4 $500k, now $734k
#5 $255k, now $511k
#6 $204k, now $531k

They haven't sold yet, but I don't think anyone will lose their $5k or $15k paid premium.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,289 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Let's just take a handful of houses in the area............look a the original sale price (with site premiums included) and today's estimated value. Zillow estimated values are not 100%, but are good enough for gov't work.

#1 $200k, now $518k
#2 $269k, now $614k
#3 $217k, now $542k
#4 $500k, now $734k
#5 $255k, now $511k
#6 $204k, now $531k

They haven't sold yet, but I don't think anyone will lose their $5k or $15k paid premium.

Totally irrelevant, almost all home values have gone up over time.

The relevant comparison will be what were the effected homes in the HH area worth before anyone had any idea what was to become of the area and what will they be worth after this fiasco fully plays out. Time will tell?
Old 09-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Totally irrelevant, almost all home values have gone up over time.

The relevant comparison will be what were the effected homes in the HH area worth before anyone had any idea what was to become of the area and what will they be worth after this fiasco fully plays out. Time will tell?

Absolutely, agree.

The valuation point was: They have not lost anything. If they are concerned, they can get out with a nice profit...........if that is their focus. If the value is not their focus, let the fiasco play out.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Go look at the Lofts in Brownwood. 265 Apartments. We really should stop speculating on something we know nothing about.
These apartments were built on vacant land adjoining a commercial area Brownwood. Not the same as building in an area surrounded by private residences
Old 09-11-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:

#1 $200k, now $518k
#2 $269k, now $614k
#3 $217k, now $542k
#4 $500k, now $734k
#5 $255k, now $511k
#6 $204k, now $531k

At this juncture the data is irrelevant. Once the complex is built and owners of private residences who want to list their homes, the sale price at that time is the data used to make a comparison. And a realtor who doesn’t want to face any legal action for non disclosure would need to tell prospective buyer the plans for the apartment complex in the future. That may bother all or a few of potential buyers based on negotiation of list versus sale price
Old 09-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
These apartments were built on vacant land adjoining a commercial area Brownwood. Not the same as building in an area surrounded by private residences
In the Village of Duval there is a three story building that houses older people smack dab up against private residences. These are apartments for VILLAGERS. Not college kids.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
At this juncture the data is irrelevant.

The data shows the owners will not incur a loss.......MAYBE less gain, but not a loss and they have an opportunity to get out if they want to.

The value of the homes across the street from the apartments have not slowed.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Didn’t know there was Championship golf course around those houses where they overpaid to be on golf course. I see you point totally.
There is a golf course close to the homes on Day Lily Run in Duval that are adjacent to the large building where older people live. Three story building. I googled, actually I BINGED some of them and they were purchased in the two hundreds and now the "Zestimate" for them are in the four hundreds and five hundreds. You can do that too. It's the truth;

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=2725+day...ANSPA1&PC=DCTS
Old 09-11-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
NO GOLF COURSE IN THE VILLAGES HAS BEEN BUILT OVER. A Country Club restaurant building has been removed. Period. AMEN.
I agree we’re here over 20 years they only added courses
Old 09-11-2020, 01:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,265 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
The data shows the owners will not incur a loss.......MAYBE less gain, but not a loss and they have an opportunity to get out if they want to.

The value of the homes across the street from the apartments have not slowed.
Less gain is just another way of saying a loss. It is a loss of what they would have prior to the incursion of multi-story high density complex. Just a wild guess but....I'm guessing you were never in real estate.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Less gain is just another way of saying a loss. It is a loss of what they would have prior to the incursion of multi-story high density complex. Just a wild guess but....I'm guess you were never in real estate.

There is no gain or loss until sale.

Relying on assumed gains or losses is silly.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,265 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is a golf course close to the homes on Day Lily Run in Duval that are adjacent to the large building where older people live. Three story building. I googled, actually I BINGED some of them and they were purchased in the two hundreds and now the "Zestimate" for them are in the four hundreds and five hundreds. You can do that too. It's the truth;

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=2725+day...ANSPA1&PC=DCTS
The obvious difference between this and HHCC is that these people knew they were adjacent to an area zoned for commercial use and therefore the lots were priced accordingly. BTW there is a wall that surrounds the assisted living place and whatever other commercial entities are there now. All the homes in the area that are nearest back up to it (face the opposite direction).

I couldn't remember so I had to go look (online). There is a Lowe's and several other business concerns right next door to Sumter Place - to the west.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else

Last edited by npwalters; 09-11-2020 at 01:32 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Default A Different Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So who actually has something where the Developer "promised" something....or where they were prohibited from building on the land they owned. It's always easy to slam the Developer when you have no investment, nor do you want to invest, only want to tell somebody else how to spend their money. We had the same "sky is falling" attitude down here when they announced the lofts. If you can't handle change then this isn't the place for you.
Here is a different perspective in defense for those who are called "whiners", "complainers", and that "this isn't the place for you." TV is a wonderful community with great amenities and friendly people. 95% of the people I've met here are terrific folks, who realize they are nearing the end of life's journey and just want to enjoy their remaining years. (5% are kind of crabby old people.) The best two descriptions of TV I've heard are that it is "Disneyland for adults", and "like going to college without having to go to class." That said, no one wants something good they have taken away from them. Would anyone want an apartment building or a filling station built behind their lanai instead of the golf course view they bought? Yes, The Developer can do whatever they want, but that does not make it right if it negatively affects TV residents. Just because something is legal does not necessarily make it the right thing to do. We all want to be good neighbors, and probably so does The Developer. So kicking up a little fuss over actions that are detrimental to even a single home, let alone a neighborhood, is probably not a bad thing.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyco33 View Post
I live in Spanish Springs on a golf course. If they built an apartment complex behind me on the golf course I would be furious!! There is no room for more living quarters in Spanish Springs. The traffic can't handle what we have already during season. It's an impossibility to turn left on Morse in any direction.
I'm adamantly against the building the apartment complex there. As far as the subject of greed and the Developers, they're knocking themselves out building South Non-Stop and if they want to add apartment complexes they can do it all down there. They've forgotten all about Spanish Springs and it has turned into a Shabby mess compared to what it used to be. If they want to come mess around North they should focus on fixing things back the way they should be and taking better care of the grounds and the roads. The service road the post office is on is deplorable and so is the landscape there, and other places.
The developers have more than enough opportunity to make money. One thing they're not hurting in is money. It can't always be about the money in order to keep the design and attention, you've got to give some stuff. They've been making Oodles of money off of us with the amenities fees for almost a year now during covid-19 with everything shut down, pocketing the majority of it, because they surely have not done well at taking care of the north side of the villages! Also, the engineers that do the footprints for the roads, parking lots, landscape, etc. Are deplorable!!! I have no clue what they are thinking with the awkward, hard to navigate angles, tight corners, lost space, dangerous views do to landscape, lost parking spot opportunities and such. Madening and dangerous. Just doesn't make sense in so many scenarios.
I used to really love this place, now it's becoming a very different story and I see it in a whole different light. Not a happy camper!!!
I sort of feel a barrage of let's blast the developer. I get the sense there is a movement afoot somewhere.

Please remember that a bunch of folks from the "North" side sued the developer several years ago over what to me looked like foolishness and several folks got a big chunk of change for THEMSELVES out of it and an area up NORTH of 466 got the opportunity to rule themselves in many ways.

I don't like the sudden onslaught of foolishness. Again we will wait Grasshopper and it will all be just fine. I remember when the homeowners that lived near the buildings on 466A were so concerned that old men would spy on them from their third floor windows. Haven't heard a peep about any folks who live there bothering anyone and it certainly has NOT hurt the property values of the people who live adjacent to the apartments for older people.

I wonder who the ring leader is to all this?

Tags
hacienda, idea, happen, hills, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.