Doo Wop club

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage
Default Doo Wop club

The Doo Wop club is meeting almost every Friday afternoon at Laurel Manor from 4 to 6 pm...check out our website at www.doowopinthevillages.blogspot.com We have some fun with trivia, some good singers who volunteer to harmonize, and room for dancing. Check it out...A Christmas Dinner Dance with entertainment is planned for Dec. 18.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
The Doo Wop club is meeting almost every Friday afternoon at Laurel Manor from 4 to 6 pm...check out our website at www.doowopinthevillages.blogspot.com We have some fun with trivia, some good singers who volunteer to harmonize, and room for dancing. Check it out...A Christmas Dinner Dance with entertainment is planned for Dec. 18.
If you ever have evening events please let me know. My work hours keep me away during the day but I love Doo-Wop
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage

ChaCha,

Thanks for your post! I love Doo Wop and have been meaning to try out this club for some time now. You have given me the little kick in the wazoo that I needed. See you there soon! :

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Default Love it

Well be moving down in a few months. Cant wait to join. Sang under the boardwalk in Wildwood NJ and every corner in Philly. Its been a long time, cant wait.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
If you ever have evening events please let me know. My work hours keep me away during the day but I love Doo-Wop
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Copy of note I sent to the moderator of the site
after discovering the thread on doowop:
thanks for a great site and keeping the sounds alive

the Velvets' used the term doowop on 'tonight' but were by no means the first

I hope to plan my next visit around a meeting or a concert

We come down 8-10 times a year, stay a few days at a time, and this is another reason to visit more often
We'll be there for keeps as soon as we find a way to wean out of our ball and chain- retail stores in maryland.

We have two homes there already - rented a few months at a time

I'll be bringing several thousand 45's and a few hundred LP's to share.

hopefully i'll get better on my sax to consider playing with a group should one form.

Keep up the good work
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.