Anyone Interested in Paddleboarding?

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone Interested in Paddleboarding?

My wife and I are new to TV and are avid paddleboarders. Are there any paddleboarders out there who would be interested in forming a club?

For those of you who are unfamiliar with paddleboarding, it is the fastest growing outdoor activity in the U.S. It offers a great way to exercise, as well as a way of connecting with nature. Essentially, you stand on an oversized surfboard and paddle. I have taught many how to paddleboard--from twelve year olds to those in their 60s. It usually takes no more than a half hour to an hour to learn, but once you try it, you'll probably be hooked.

PM me if you would like more info.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Veteran member

I don't like gators
Old 09-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

for those of you not familiar with paddle boarding, here is a great introductory video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-7rDavdJGs[/ame]

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

Finally got an opportunity to paddleboard on Lake Miona yesterday. It is a beautiful area to paddle, very scenic, lots of shore birds, a few softshell turtles, and not one gator. The wind picked up later in the afternoon and made it a workout, but it was still a lot of fun. Any paddleboarders out there who want to start a club?

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.