can't open program

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2015, 06:30 AM
Sage
Default can't open program

i just installed Photoshop Elements 13 (upgrade). Windows 7 will not open the application - message says i don't have permission. I am the only user of this computer.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I think you installed the software as a "user" and not as the "administrator". You might be able to "run as administrator". my suggestion, do a complete uninstall, if you can. Then when you go to reinstall make sure you are logged on as the administrator, one of the questions you may see is whether the software can be run by anyone logging into the computer, answer YES, and you should be good to go.

If all of this confuses you, and I do not blame you as it confuses me, there are 1 or 2 computer clubs that could possibly help as well as several individuals and computer companies that should be able to help.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.