??? Can't send from Comcast to Embarq ???

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: ??? Can't send from Comcast to Embarq ???

Well Muncle. Nothing good to report. I did a chat with Comcast this afternoon to check on my ticket. It was closed as fixed. We went round and round and she told me to send a note to another Comcast player to get off of the blacklist. I also asked that the ticket be updated to have a high level TCP/IP techie call me for a chat. She said he would and then abruptly ended the chat. Which means I will not hear from anyone. I sent a note to the new player and am hoping for an answer.

I had asked you for your IP address to make sure we were on the same server. I sent a note to your real address asking you to send me a note at my Comcast address. Please do so so I can verify it as the real address is in the full header.

Thanks,
Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Eternal Member

Well Muncle - progress on the problem!!

I have an embarqmail account and today, I added my comcast and villages.net IDs (both were failing) to my embarq web client address book. I sent an email from my comcast a and villages.net account and they actually went to my embarqmail.com account.

I have asked two of my embarqmail recipients to add my email ids to their embarqmail web client address book and they are now receiving my emails!!

It does not matter if they are using an email client (outlook, outlook express). they need to add the email addresses to the embarq web mail client.

I tried this a few weeks ago and it did not work. Today it is working. I am thinking that since Embarq finally fixed the lost messages bug by giving us an 550 error message, they have found out that there is more than just a couple of users and decide to fix it.

Give it a try and let me know how it works out.

Z

Old 04-19-2008, 04:39 AM
Eternal Member

Z,
Before doing the fixes you suggested, I thought I'd get another baseline. I sent emails to 3 embarqmail users asking for a reply, and of course not expecting anything. All three rec'd the msgs! With no changes to my system!! And no changes to their web client address book!!!

I don't understand it :dontknow:. Absolutely the same system here that's always been but it's working today. Of course, it might not be working by Monday. Things like this bug me. I may not be able to understand the techie gibberish in total, but I'd still like to know why.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Eternal Member

The question is: Are the people you sent the messages to using the Embarq web mail client or are they using an email client on their PC? :dontknow: Two of the ones that were not receiving my emails and started receiving the emails were using the Embarq web mail client. I think that Embarq made a change to let emails go to users who had my email address in their web mail address book (as it should). For two of the ones that were not using the Embarq email client, they added my email addresses and they are now receiving my emails. Thanks the Lord, I do not have too many Embarq users.

I think that Embarq finally got their act together.

However, it could change at any minute. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Z

Old 09-13-2008, 06:32 AM

My cable for the computer is with Comcast and I have absolutely no problems either sending or getting mail from my friends who use Embarq cable.

Jerry Jackson (Calumet Grove)

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

We recently came across a problem unique to comcast.net as well. All of a sudden (around the first of September) mail sent to our Comcast e-mail accounts from the Verizon Wireless site stopped coming through. We send cell phone photos to an album on the VZW site and then out to various e-mail addresses. We created hotmail & gmail accounts and they still come across just like they used to - as recently as the middle of August, just not to comcast.net The tech support guy at Comcast has had the problem for three days and has yet to fix it.

Comcast has obviously done something somewhere to block these and god only know what else. It is their system and not our computer, because they don't go through anywhere else either.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Eternal Member

My problem with COMCAST to EMBARQ turned out to be that my IP address is for some reason blacklisted. EMBARQ finally addressed the problem of no error message so I at least knew I was not getting through. The solution for me was to have all of my Embarqmail recipients add my email addresses to the Embarqmail address book at the Embarqmail webmail site.

FYI: No matter from where you send a message (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo mail, the Comcast webmail, etc), your real IP address is inserted. If it is blacklisted, you are up the creek.

I am also having problems sending to some of my Verizon recipients from COMCAST but only some of them. I get no error message and they get no note. But they can send to me. Frustrating!!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Embarqmail disservice to their customers

I just started to have the same problem with Embarqmail users. I send 150 club notices from my email client (via comcast), 20 names at a time. My emailings on 10/1/08 and 10/29/08 went out fine - at least I didn't get any bounces. But on 11/19/08 I got about 20 "could not deliver" MDS notifications. They were all Emabarqmail recipients. Checking my member list however there were another 10 or so that apparently did get through. I can only assume that the club's email address is not on their web address book. So how do you notify them to add me to their address book if you can't get through? Besides most of these people (if they are using an email client) have their local address book on their computer and wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to get to their embarq web address book.

Anyone on embarqmail want to post the steps necessary to get addresses added to the web address book? We could sure use the education because eventually these embarq members are going to say "we don't get the club emails anymore!!!".

Thanks, Skip
Old 11-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Platinum member

We have friends that have embarq....around the 19th for about 7-8 days we were not able to send emails....they would come back to me about 16-27 hours after sending....

Seems to be working just fine now...

PS....my comcast email was in their address book prior to these emails being sent so I don't know if that is the issue.

Suzy Toronto
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.