Comcast vs CenturyLink

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-09-2018, 05:49 AM
Greg Nelson's Avatar
Greg Nelson Greg Nelson is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Comcast vs CenturyLink

Neither of these company's customer service are worth a hoot. Any other choices? We only need internet.
  #2  
Old 10-09-2018, 05:57 AM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,038
Thanks: 419
Thanked 455 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
Neither of these company's customer service are worth a hoot. Any other choices? We only need internet.
I don’t agree with that statement. I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service with Comcast. From the tech’s, to their phone support, and the convenience of the new store location in Lady Lake.
  #3  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,123
Thanks: 190
Thanked 1,706 Times in 667 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I don’t agree with that statement. I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service with Comcast. From the tech’s, to their phone support, and the convenience of the new store location in Lady Lake.
I agree. I have not had any service problems with Comcast. I think they offer a high speed (150 mbps) internet service, which include about 10 basic cable channels for about $50 per month.
  #4  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:11 AM
ureout ureout is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 552
Thanks: 0
Thanked 65 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I know you stated about not wanting century link / comcast .. and I agreed until about 10 mos. ago when I changed over to centurylink's price for life.. I now get internet only 80mbps for $45 a month.. and have had no problems and really like the fact that every year I don't have to renegotiate prices.. I live at the north end near Lopez
  #5  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,260
Thanks: 2
Thanked 901 Times in 454 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I don’t agree with that statement. I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service with Comcast. From the tech’s, to their phone support, and the convenience of the new store location in Lady Lake.
I agree.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #6  
Old 10-09-2018, 08:09 AM
karostay's Avatar
karostay karostay is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Conn/Maine /
Posts: 2,422
Thanks: 55
Thanked 923 Times in 348 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I don’t agree with that statement. I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service with Comcast. From the tech’s, to their phone support, and the convenience of the new store location in Lady Lake.




7 years Comcast subscriber Comcast has had issues in the past and has worked through them Comcast goes the extra distance
Speedy response fast at solving issues.

Today's tech world nothing is a guarantee
__________________
Don't take life Too Serious ..It isn't permanent
  #7  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:03 AM
N44125's Avatar
N44125 N44125 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 535
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Comcast..another vote for Comcast.
  #8  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:08 AM
bilcon bilcon is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 536
Thanks: 4
Thanked 191 Times in 90 Posts
Default

I have been a Comcast customer for 10 years and whenever I had a problem, which is seldom, they have fixed it immediately. Never lost TV during last year's hurricane. I do have an issue when they raise my rates, so I have to use my negotiating skills. Always works out. I also have their high speed internet and it is great.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong." Charles Schulz

Last edited by bilcon; 10-09-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling error
  #9  
Old 10-09-2018, 12:32 PM
BobnBev's Avatar
BobnBev BobnBev is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 1,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 134 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
Neither of these company's customer service are worth a hoot. Any other choices? We only need internet.
I have an AT&T wireless mi-fi. Fits in my pocket and works anywhere in the country. It is rechargeable, and smaller than a pack of smokes. Verizon has a similar unit.
__________________
Patriot Guard Riders--"Standing for Those Who Have Stood for US"!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
  #10  
Old 10-09-2018, 02:22 PM
kathyspear's Avatar
kathyspear kathyspear is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 341
Thanks: 39
Thanked 190 Times in 75 Posts
Default

I haven't moved into my new house yet and I already despise Comcast.

A couple of weeks ago I set up all my new utilities to start on Oct. 30 (the day we close). The next day I find out that when they set up my new account they turned off the seller's existing service and they had to spend hours on the phone getting it straightened out.

A week later I get a bill in email. I'm wondering why I got a bill since my service won't be starting up for weeks, so I call and find out that when they turned the seller's service back on they turned it on in MY NAME. They say in order to fix things they have to delete my account and create a new one. They assure me that nothing they are doing is going to impact the seller's existing service.

The next day I find out that ... you guessed it ... they did, in fact, turn off the seller's service again.

I shudder to think what is going to happen when I get in the house and try to set up my router and Tivos.

kathy
  #11  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:17 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,038
Thanks: 419
Thanked 455 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I haven't moved into my new house yet and I already despise Comcast.

A couple of weeks ago I set up all my new utilities to start on Oct. 30 (the day we close). The next day I find out that when they set up my new account they turned off the seller's existing service and they had to spend hours on the phone getting it straightened out.

A week later I get a bill in email. I'm wondering why I got a bill since my service won't be starting up for weeks, so I call and find out that when they turned the seller's service back on they turned it on in MY NAME. They say in order to fix things they have to delete my account and create a new one. They assure me that nothing they are doing is going to impact the seller's existing service.

The next day I find out that ... you guessed it ... they did, in fact, turn off the seller's service again.

I shudder to think what is going to happen when I get in the house and try to set up my router and Tivos.

kathy
More than likely your router and Tivo's will work just fine.
  #12  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:25 PM
kathyspear's Avatar
kathyspear kathyspear is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 341
Thanks: 39
Thanked 190 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
More than likely your router and Tivo's will work just fine.
... assuming I have service. I don't really trust them to turn it on when requested. The incompetence so far is mindboggling.

k.
  #13  
Old 10-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Greg Nelson's Avatar
Greg Nelson Greg Nelson is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My wife spent 6 hours on the phone. The soonest Comcast could hook us up was November 18th!!!!!! no way man
  #14  
Old 10-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Daisy Daisy is offline
Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bayshore Village, Ontario, OBG The Villages
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
Neither of these company's customer service are worth a hoot. Any other choices? We only need internet.
Would be nice if someone answered your question. I'll repeat it. Are there any alternatives for just internet to Comcast or Century Link?
  #15  
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM
fw102807
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Would be nice if someone answered your question. I'll repeat it. Are there any alternatives for just internet to Comcast or Century Link?
Depends where in The Villages you are located.
Closed Thread

Tags
worth, hoot, choices, service, customer

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.