Hisense Smart TVs Hisense Smart TVs - Talk of The Villages Florida

Hisense Smart TVs

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-13-2025, 09:02 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,033
Thanks: 9,201
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default Hisense Smart TVs

My Hisense 65” TV not as smart as it thinks it is. My 4 or 5 year old TV will not download upgrades plus the prompt sticks sometimes on screen blocking out view of what’s being broadcast. Tried online instructions and NOTHING will fix this problem.

Only fix I can do when it stuck shutoff TV unplug it wait minute or two and plug it back in. Sometimes it comes right back but you can get rid of it by try to upgrade and sometimes it won’t come up for day or week but it does come back and no solution. I don’t know it newer models do this or not? I guess what say be warned with this brand.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	110869  
  #2  
Old 12-13-2025, 09:54 AM
FFlank FFlank is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 75
Thanks: 28
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
My Hisense 65” TV not as smart as it thinks it is. My 4 or 5 year old TV will not download upgrades plus the prompt sticks sometimes on screen blocking out view of what’s being broadcast. Tried online instructions and NOTHING will fix this problem.

Only fix I can do when it stuck shutoff TV unplug it wait minute or two and plug it back in. Sometimes it comes right back but you can get rid of it by try to upgrade and sometimes it won’t come up for day or week but it does come back and no solution. I don’t know it newer models do this or not? I guess what say be warned with this brand.
I bought a Hisense about two weeks ago, and had multiple issues with it. Returned it in less than a week and replaced it with another brand.
  #3  
Old 12-13-2025, 10:35 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,033
Thanks: 9,201
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFlank View Post
I bought a Hisense about two weeks ago, and had multiple issues with it. Returned it in less than a week and replaced it with another brand.
Did you have Comcast/xfinity? Evidently Hisense don’t communicate with that provider I’m thinking?

Another thing with xfinity TV has lousy audio, but when in Utube or streaming paramount plus it’s good, but my model probably 7 years old or so?

Last edited by Topspinmo; 12-13-2025 at 12:56 PM.
  #4  
Old 12-13-2025, 10:44 AM
CarlR33 CarlR33 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Newell the place to be in the South
Posts: 1,858
Thanks: 802
Thanked 1,321 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Never hurts to contact their support. They maybe unaware of the issue.
Hisense Firmware Downloads & Updates | Support
__________________
I will say the things that others are probably thinking but afraid to say.
  #5  
Old 12-13-2025, 11:08 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,102
Thanks: 3,627
Thanked 18,642 Times in 7,565 Posts
Default

OP, have you tried to copy the update to a USB flash drive from a computer and then do the update by plugging the flash drive directly into the TV?

I always use the USB option when it is available. I think it is more reliable.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 12-13-2025 at 11:54 AM.
  #6  
Old 12-13-2025, 11:46 AM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,952
Thanks: 4,362
Thanked 12,702 Times in 4,171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
My Hisense 65” TV not as smart as it thinks it is. My 4 or 5 year old TV will not download upgrades plus the prompt sticks sometimes on screen blocking out view of what’s being broadcast. Tried online instructions and NOTHING will fix this problem.

Only fix I can do when it stuck shutoff TV unplug it wait minute or two and plug it back in. Sometimes it comes right back but you can get rid of it by try to upgrade and sometimes it won’t come up for day or week but it does come back and no solution. I don’t know it newer models do this or not? I guess what say be warned with this brand.
We have a Hisense smart TV, but we use a Roku devise as our streaming interface, and haven’t had any issues. A very inexpensive Roku streaming stick very well might solve your problems.
  #7  
Old 12-13-2025, 11:48 AM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 11,731
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,303 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
My Hisense 65” TV not as smart as it thinks it is. My 4 or 5 year old TV will not download upgrades plus the prompt sticks sometimes on screen blocking out view of what’s being broadcast. Tried online instructions and NOTHING will fix this problem.

Only fix I can do when it stuck shutoff TV unplug it wait minute or two and plug it back in. Sometimes it comes right back but you can get rid of it by try to upgrade and sometimes it won’t come up for day or week but it does come back and no solution. I don’t know it newer models do this or not? I guess what say be warned with this brand.
Have you checked to see if the wireless internet connection is still working, this is separate from the TV signals.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #8  
Old 12-13-2025, 12:48 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,033
Thanks: 9,201
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Have you checked to see if the wireless internet connection is still working, this is separate from the TV signals.
I can stream so want say it working?
  #9  
Old 12-13-2025, 12:50 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,033
Thanks: 9,201
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
OP, have you tried to copy the update to a USB flash drive from a computer and then do the update by plugging the flash drive directly into the TV?

I always use the USB option when it is available. I think it is more reliable.
I’ll give that try? It will go away but just aggravating. If don’t unplug and restart able to click out of it.
  #10  
Old 12-13-2025, 12:51 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,033
Thanks: 9,201
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
Never hurts to contact their support. They maybe unaware of the issue.
Hisense Firmware Downloads & Updates | Support
I think tried that year or 2 or 3 ago? but can’t remember the outcome of conversations? I’ll try again.
  #11  
Old 12-13-2025, 02:30 PM
jrref jrref is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Osceola Hills, The Villages
Posts: 2,278
Thanks: 633
Thanked 1,223 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Hisense, TCL, Visio, Insignia are all low end bargain TVs. They look nice but they typically only last 3-5 years tops.

Time for a new TV.

Best: Sony
Better: LG OLED
Good: Samsung but get the extended warranty becuase they tend to have power supply problems and the warranty is only 1 year unless you buy from Costco.
  #12  
Old 12-13-2025, 03:13 PM
Howdy Howdy is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Jul 2025
Posts: 435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 205 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Basically it's Buying a very cheap Car like a " Yugo " vs an inexpensive car like a _______ Choose...

Ya get what ya pay for...Cheap=Problems=$$$
  #13  
Old 12-13-2025, 03:37 PM
New Englander New Englander is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Massachusetts, Pinellas, Now Sanibel
Posts: 2,318
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,551 Times in 542 Posts
Default

Four years ago, I bought a 55" TCL, and it has been trouble-free. How long will it last? I don't know, but if it lasts a couple more years, I'll be satisfied.
  #14  
Old 12-13-2025, 04:37 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 11,731
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,303 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I can stream so want say it working?
OK, yes I agree if you are streaming thought the set (not by a roku or similar) then your wireless connection should be working. If you are streaming through an external device (using an HDMI port) then it is possible the TV set wireless is not working.

Final try would be a factory reset, in which case you will need to select your wireless network and enter your password when setting up the TV.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #15  
Old 12-13-2025, 06:59 PM
JRcorvette JRcorvette is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 872
Thanks: 868
Thanked 620 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
My Hisense 65” TV not as smart as it thinks it is. My 4 or 5 year old TV will not download upgrades plus the prompt sticks sometimes on screen blocking out view of what’s being broadcast. Tried online instructions and NOTHING will fix this problem.

Only fix I can do when it stuck shutoff TV unplug it wait minute or two and plug it back in. Sometimes it comes right back but you can get rid of it by try to upgrade and sometimes it won’t come up for day or week but it does come back and no solution. I don’t know it newer models do this or not? I guess what say be warned with this brand.
They are made in China. Might be time to look for a deal on a new TV. I have had excellent luck with LG TV’s and we have 3 in out house. Sam’s and Costco have best price and a 5 year warranty
Closed Thread

Tags
back, smart, fix, hisense, tvs


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.