Kindle won't charge?

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Default Kindle won't charge?

Our kindle stopped charging. The connector on the cord would move freely when inserted. Out on the internet someone discovered if you take a paper clamp and attach to the kindle when the power cord is inserted in the jack the kindle will charge. It works! Google this on the internet for better instructions.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Gold member

My wife's Kindle stopped connecting to WiFi. Nothing helped so we got her a new iPad Mini 2. She loves it.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP,
It sounds like the plug or jack it broken. I had the same problem on a NOOK, and it turned out that buying a new cable solved the problem. If it is the jack (inside the Kindle), this may be expensive to repair.
There are a couple of computer repair shops that might be able to help. I used MMD (441 just south of 466) recently and was very happy.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Sage

Xxx
Ecclesiasites 3:12

Last edited by jblum315; 03-10-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Eternal Member

My kindle would not charge and the guy on the Kindle chat told me to turn off the Kindle, hold down the power key for one minute and to restart the kindle and plug the charger in and see if it worked. I did and it worked. Apparently the 60 second hold does more reset than the 20 second hold.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
My kindle would not charge and the guy on the Kindle chat told me to turn off the Kindle, hold down the power key for one minute and to restart the kindle and plug the charger in and see if it worked. I did and it worked. Apparently the 60 second hold does more reset than the 20 second hold.

Z
This solution also worked for me.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
My kindle would not charge. I took it to the Apple Store in Orlando. They tried a new charger, didn't work, so they gave me a new Kindle. Of course mine was still under warranty, I don't know what they would do for an older one.
The Kindle is an amazon device. Why would you take it to an Apple store?

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Default I agree

Old 03-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

beware with these readers that connect to the web,,, do you know how many security updates there are for tablets? there are many !! how long since you had ANY update for these readers, no matter what the brand,,, over time they become an open hole to your data! I hate Apple products, however they are bullet proof,, I use them for that reason,, get yourself and IPAD mini at Gazelle, for $189,, you will never look back
Old 04-01-2015, 06:05 AM

If I have a problem like yours I go online , type in " Kindle problem" (use the product name you need ,) and see if I can be walked thru online , either with a tutorial by the company brand name or reputable sites. . Sometimes it is just a quick fix we did not know to try. Usually holding down the off / on button for about 20-40 seconds hot boots and corrects .
Old 04-01-2015, 06:34 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Sweeny View Post
If I have a problem like yours I go online , type in " Kindle problem" (use the product name you need ,) and see if I can be walked thru online , either with a tutorial by the company brand name or reputable sites. . Sometimes it is just a quick fix we did not know to try. Usually holding down the off / on button for about 20-40 seconds hot boots and corrects .
A second choice is to do an online chat. That is how I found out about the 60 second hold.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.