Printer ink dries out when away

Printer ink dries out when away

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Veteran member

One thing you CAN do with an HP wireless printer (and probably most other brands), is you can print a page remotely. All you need to do, is have cloud print running from your phone or laptop or whichever device you have with you at the time. Once a month, e-mail your printer a single page of something. It can be a coupon, or a picture, whatever you want, as long as it makes use of whichever cartridges are in the printer.

It'll print out that one page, every month. When you get home 8 months later you'll have 8 waste pieces of paper, and perfectly useable ink cartridges in your printer.

You'd also have to still have the electricity turned on.

Laser printer
Old 10-17-2018, 06:59 AM

Default Laser printer

I tried it all. Even bought the same printer for both locations, wrapped the cartridge in saran wrap and moved it back and forth with me so it was never out of use. The next problem was: if one color ran out you had to buy a whole new cartridge, it wouldn't even print in black.
enough already. I bought two laser printers that only print black, if I need color I'll print it at Staples...or try the Rec center as someone suggested. in a year I haven't needed color
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Tags
printer, dries, ink, success, container