Wireless

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Default Wireless

We presently have wireless with Comcast at our home in Illinois. I understand that Comcast is available at TV. Is wireless available with Comcast at TV? I prefer wireless to high speed Internet. I do not anything about the other provider that is mentioned for high speed in some of the posted topics. Thank you.

Pili
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Wireless

If you have wireless at your home using Comcast chances are you have 3 things in your home that allows that to happen. You have a cable modem, a wireless router, and a wireless network card in your computer. I have Comcast for my cable provider and my internet connection. The cable modem is connected to your cable connection using a splitter so your cable can connect to your TV for the broadcast signal and a cable modem for your broadband connection. The cable modem has several connections so that you can connect a network cable to your PC or other network devices. To make your connection wireless you need to connect a wireless router to the modem that will transmit that broadband connection to a wireless network card on the PC. Comcast will provide the internet service and usually will provide you with the cable modem and set it up for you. I don't know if they will provide a wireless router and set that up for you in The Villages. I have setup my own wireless network at home using Comcast as the provider but bought my router and network card from a retailer like Circuit City. It is not expensive nor is the setup particularly difficult.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Default Re: Wireless

Thanks, Dicky. If we move to TV and Comcast cannot make all the connections, I may have to call you. The router for my laptop is on my desk and there is no cable connected to laptop. My laptop has wireless inside. My husband uses a wireless card. His desk sits away from router. The only place where the connection is very weak is in the basement.

Thanks again.

Pili

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.