Adding a summer kitchen

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Adding a summer kitchen

We are considering adding a summer kitchen in our lanai. Any suggestions on a contractor? Any pro's or con's on adding one? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Default Re: Adding a summer kitchen

Add More Construction D & D Construction Baileys
Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Be very careful of Bailey Industries. We used them for our summer kitchen and the entire project was a disaster.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM

We just put one on our lanai. I did not buy the vent hood or grill at Bailey's so they wouldn't offer much help. They did make the base cabinets for me for $3200. My vent hood was $2400, including the motor. The grill was about $1400, but it was the best Vermont Castings 5 burner. Had to have a wall installed to mount everything on and that was $2K. Now that it's done I won't use it. It is one giant greasy mess that is a disaster to clean after using it. We have now cleaned it and covered it. I went to Home Depot and bought another Weber like I had b4 the summer kitchen and put it outside the pool screen. Want to see out beautiful install just let me know. I could of had a nice new BMW bike for the price of this disaster. :dontknow: Forgot another $250 to get the vent installed on the lanai roof.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

[quote=bogeygolfer ]
We just put one on our lanai. I did not buy the vent hood or grill at Bailey's so they wouldn't offer much help. They did make the base cabinets for me for $3200. My vent hood was $2400, including the motor. The grill was about $1400, but it was the best Vermont Castings 5 burner. Had to have a wall installed to mount everything on and that was $2K. Now that it's done I won't use it. It is one giant greasy mess that is a disaster to clean after using it. We have now cleaned it and covered it. I went to Home Depot and bought another Weber like I had b4 the summer kitchen and put it outside the pool screen. Want to see out beautiful install just let me know. I could of had a nice new BMW bike for the price of this disaster. :dontknow: Forgot another $250 to get the vent installed on the lanai roof.
[/Bogeygolfer
Thanks for the info., now I'm thinking twice about adding a summer kitchen.]
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.