Allstate Golf Cart Insurance - rate increase

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Sage

I've been reading over the Golf Cart Insurance threads. My renewal from Allstate just arrived. Similar to Villages07's husband, my premium has increased from $70 to $117. I got a quote from the Broker who provides our house insurance. Foremost offers identical coverage, for a premium of $66.

The Broker is asking whether I want to add uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for an additional $35. That coverage was not suggested to me by Allstate. Do I need it?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Gold member

If my math is correct, the increase the first gentleman spoke of is 12 cents a day. Personally, I would not get too excited over 12 cents a day. But that's me.....
Old 05-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've been reading over the Golf Cart Insurance threads. My renewal from Allstate just arrived. Similar to Villages07's husband, my premium has increased from $70 to $117. I got a quote from the Broker who provides our house insurance. Foremost offers identical coverage, for a premium of $66.

The Broker is asking whether I want to add uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for an additional $35. That coverage was not suggested to me by Allstate. Do I need it?

We had never thought of getting that coverage on our golf carts until we were hit by a car, suffered minor injuries and the cart was demolished. Luckily the other driver had insurance but our lawyer strongly recommended that we get the extra coverage.
If you are in an accident with another driver and they are not insured then everything falls back onto you. If your insurance covers it then I would suspect you may see a rate increase down the road because you did not have the extra coverage.

Last edited by spk7951; 05-16-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:49 PM

I got my insurance through the Villages Ins. April 2010. The cost was $98 based on a 2010 $9500 cart. The renewal this year was $20 cheaper. I carry the same coverage on the cart as I do on my car.

Bob
Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Bare:

I have "Uninsured Motorist - Nonstacked" coverage with Progressive (sold by Villages AAA) that costs $41/yr on my recent renewal. They mention that Stacked coverage would be more. I don't understand how your golf cart uninsured motorist Ins would cover your car while your car uninsured motorist ins wouldn't cover the golf cart???

Just read the policy and it seems that the "stacked" issue comes into play when both a car and golf cart are on the same policy and both have UIM insurance coverage.

I guess that if you have separate policies for the car and golf cart you need to have UIM coverage on each policy.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:12 PM

So I've been checking around getting quotes on cart insurance and they range from $73 a year to $183 a year. I just changed my insurance on the vehicle and house to AAA now that Im here full time. The AAA agent is trying to sell me cart insurance for $450 plus. I think she's trying to job me.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Sage

They sold it to me for $95.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Bare:

I guess that if you have separate policies for the car and golf cart you need to have UIM coverage on each policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
We had never thought of getting that coverage on our golf carts until we were hit by a car, suffered minor injuries and the cart was demolished. Luckily the other driver had insurance but our lawyer strongly recommended that we get the extra coverage.

If you are in an accident with another other driver and they are not insured then everything falls back onto you. If your insurance covers it then I would suspect you may see a rate increase down the road because you did not have the extra coverage.
Thanks for the responses Chuck and spk. I'm definitely getting the additional Uninsured Motorist Coverage.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:13 PM

I have Foremost Insurance for my cart (finishing the second year) and paid $72 last year (yes UIM included, $250 deductable, 2001 cart). Just today got the renewal bill for the same cart and coverage - rate increased to $94 even though no claims have been made. Tomorrow I start calling around to see what the other companies will quote.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.