Another Nova Thread

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Sage
Default Another Nova Thread

We like what we've read about Nova water filters so far, but I want to ask one last question. We have had a little bit of a mold-type buildup on the screens of a couple of our faucets. (I know...YUCK!! )

Will Nova help that sort of issue at all? Or does it just help with the mineral deposits?

I'd also welcome comments regarding Kinetico water systems.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 11-14-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,361 Posts

Before Nova I had yucky water in the toilet. Now all gone and great water. This is my 3rd year w/Nova.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:36 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
We like what we've read about Nova water filters so far, but I want to ask one last question. We have had a little bit of a mold-type buildup on the screens of a couple of our faucets. (I know...YUCK!! )

Will Nova help that sort of issue at all? Or does it just help with the mineral deposits?

I'd also welcome comments regarding Kinetico water systems.
Hi, first how old is the home?

It can be a build up of minerals or just debris (which there is plenty of here).

If it's mold it's just from not being cleaned which should be done twice a year, debris can be seen in pic below that was average amount, I have seen much worse.
see pic below.

For starters try CLR to clean faucets & showers heads with an old toothbrush.

The Villages Florida

Please feel free to call for more info

Bob

PS: I also have a recent water test from an independent lab that I did on my home in Fernandina.

Over 700 installed
Old 12-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Sage

Well, we're taking the plunge...gonna get the Nova filtration system this coming week. I just have one question for you folks who have the system...

We're not getting the softener. We just don't think we need it. We've seen plenty of evidence of the mineral buildup in our water, so we think the filter will be a great improvement. I'm just wondering...are you folks happy with just the filtration system without the softener?

Thanks for any relevant input.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:12 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Please let others chime in, but you will notice a reduction of the calcium build up.

Reason is the calcium (or white spots) are 75% dirt (particulate matter) attaching to the calcium deposit.

Our filter in removing that dirt will greatly reduce the spots, not eliminate them.

You always can try the filter first for a few weeks and add a softener which we install for $995

But there are pros and cons with softeners.

I will say I never installed one in my home here in almost 4 years.

The mineral deposits are easily removed twice a year in two minutes with a product called CLR

Old 12-05-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Well, we're taking the plunge...gonna get the Nova filtration system this coming week. I just have one question for you folks who have the system...

We're not getting the softener. We just don't think we need it. We've seen plenty of evidence of the mineral buildup in our water, so we think the filter will be a great improvement. I'm just wondering...are you folks happy with just the filtration system without the softener?

We've had just the Nova system, without a softener, for over 2 1/2 years and are very happy. I don't think the water here is that hard so, in my opinion, a softener is not really needed.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

I also am very happy with our filter, and no softener. The filter alone made a huge difference in the quality of the water throughout the house.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 12-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Sage

One more followup...

I don't want to gross anybody out...heheh...but we've seen a very hard black(ish) buildup under the 'lip' of our toilet bowl. Even some grunge (technical term...heh) buildup around the tips of our faucets. Think it will help with that?

Okay, I'll do my best to make this my last post about this.

Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,361 Posts

The black buildup is gone! No water softener is needed. Very good water for city water.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
One more followup...

I don't want to gross anybody out...heheh...but we've seen a very hard black(ish) buildup under the 'lip' of our toilet bowl. Even some grunge (technical term...heh) buildup around the tips of our faucets. Think it will help with that?

Okay, I'll do my best to make this my last post about this.

Thanks again.
Ask brad to show you pictures of what the filters look like after a year, the brown/black junk is unreal, how anyone says the water fine here just doesn't get it.

Brad also has water tests from an independent lab, it's a list of about 100 items all saying none found after the filter does it's job.

Back to your toilet, after the filter is installed give it a good cleaning, drop 2000 flushes in the tank you'll be good to go.

The filter also negates the need to drain your hotwater tank of sediment, the sediment can get thru the filter.

Lastly no more expensive fridge filters, no need.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:

We had the filter for a few months without the softener and the water was much improved. In our case we did eventually opt for the softener, but really only because we were used to soft water at our NY home (and secondarily because one of us had a skin rash issue that we felt the softer water might help with). I will say that if you think you may eventually like to have a softener, it is easier for both to be put in at the same time rather than retrofitting the softener in afterwards.
--
Bob C

Last edited by rexxfan; 12-06-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:45 AM
Gold member

We have both the Nova Filtration and a softener that Brad installed for us. We got the softener because we've always had one and the cost was unbelieveable. We had two other quotes to replace just the softener and they were both well over 2 grand! We got both the Nova system and the softener for about $1400 installed and couldn't be happier. BTW, Brad pulled the water filter out of our fridge and threw it in the trash saying "you'll never need one of these again".

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 12-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Sage

Thanks folks much appreciated.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:15 PM

Jimbo, could you compare and contrast the Nova WHF system you use vs. the SafeWay Water system installed by Kiley and Sons out in Lady Lake. Looks like theirs is only a 2 reservoir system but I have friends with both yours and theirs who all seem happy with the results. Since there is at least a couple hundred dollar difference, I'm curious if the Nova system is worth the extra bucks.

Also, what kind of turn-around rimes are you running this time of year.
Thanks!
Old 12-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
Jimbo, could you compare and contrast the Nova WHF system you use vs. the SafeWay Water system installed by Kiley and Sons out in Lady Lake. Looks like theirs is only a 2 reservoir system but I have friends with both yours and theirs who all seem happy with the results. Since there is at least a couple hundred dollar difference, I'm curious if the Nova system is worth the extra bucks.

Also, what kind of turn-around rimes are you running this time of year.
Thanks for the ?

Their system is two 2" X 10" chambers.
The filters are not solid carbon or solid sediment cartridges they are hollow sleeve type.
Needing changing every three months.

There level of filtration is 4 times lower, those can not remove the contaminants ours does. I have the independent lab tests to back that up.

The canisters themselves are thin wall residential ours are commercial.

there are no water pressure gauges.
We have removed several of them your friends that are satisfied with them are seeing an improvement over no filter.

But I can assure you they are not experiencing the quality of purification our results in.

Our filters are replaced on average once a year.

Our filter is not hundreds of dollars more it is $575.

In this instance a picture may be telling

Please give us a call for more details

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4368.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	64872   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4369.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	64873   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	dirty filter.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	64874   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	spruce6.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	64875   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4367.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	64876  

Tags
nova, yuck, couple, screens, faucets

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.