Auto Maintenance Recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2020, 10:50 AM
Default Auto Maintenance Recommendation

I would like to recommend Accurso Automobile Repair, 352 748-9004, 11615 CR 108, Oxford Fl. (located back to back to Bargains & Treasures), for your auto maintenance needs. I moved to the Villages/Linden September 2020 and did not know where to go for routine maintenance on my auto. I was recommended Accurso for an oil change I needed. The Villager who recommended Accurso noted this was a local family owned business, christian with high morals. They were right!! I am a female and had an appointment on 1/14/20 1:00 for an oil change, When I called they were very professional providing directions and information concerning my oil change: they would be using Amsoil synthetic oil, they only use synthetic oil, (this gives 4500 miles or 6 month till next oil change) includes Change oil & filter, lube on steering linkage, ball joints and Drive Shaft, check & correct all fluid levels to include brake fluid and check tire pressures. I was taken promptly at 1 and waited apx. 25 min until completed, had I known I could walk apx 100-150 feet to Bargains & Treasures I would have browsed there during my wait. When the auto was done & I was going to pay the bill the gentleman asked if I was a AAA member & to remind them every time for the discount. My bill came to $42.69 which included tax & AAA discount. I am very pleased and know I will be back for my Car needs.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

+++++ to Accurso as well. Our MB has 23K miles, have always had Mobil1 Synth for previous oil changes (2...). Went to Accurso a couple months ago - SPECIFICALLY because they use Amsoil. I have heard much about Amsoil...the BEST lubricants. Very comforted using Accurso, and Amsoil.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe View Post
I would like to recommend Accurso Automobile Repair, 352 748-9004, 11615 CR 108, Oxford Fl. (located back to back to Bargains & Treasures), for your auto maintenance needs. I moved to the Villages/Linden September 2020 and did not know where to go for routine maintenance on my auto. I was recommended Accurso for an oil change I needed. The Villager who recommended Accurso noted this was a local family owned business, christian with high morals. They were right!! I am a female and had an appointment on 1/14/20 1:00 for an oil change, When I called they were very professional providing directions and information concerning my oil change: they would be using Amsoil synthetic oil, they only use synthetic oil, (this gives 4500 miles or 6 month till next oil change) includes Change oil & filter, lube on steering linkage, ball joints and Drive Shaft, check & correct all fluid levels to include brake fluid and check tire pressures. I was taken promptly at 1 and waited apx. 25 min until completed, had I known I could walk apx 100-150 feet to Bargains & Treasures I would have browsed there during my wait. When the auto was done & I was going to pay the bill the gentleman asked if I was a AAA member & to remind them every time for the discount. My bill came to $42.69 which included tax & AAA discount. I am very pleased and know I will be back for my Car needs.
After reading your post I went to their website and priced an oil change for my 2016 Honda Fit (4 Qts. of oil) and the quote I got was $100 to $129.
$100 to$129

Estimate does not include taxes and fees
forOil Change
on2016 Honda Fit
atAccurso Automobile Repair
Old 01-19-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
After reading your post I went to their website and priced an oil change for my 2016 Honda Fit (4 Qts. of oil) and the quote I got was $100 to $129.
$100 to$129

Estimate does not include taxes and fees
forOil Change
on2016 Honda Fit
atAccurso Automobile Repair
My estimate for an oil change was almost $300! I'll keep going to Wildwood Tire.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 01-19-2020, 09:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
My estimate for an oil change was almost $300! I'll keep going to Wildwood Tire.
What make of car and what was the charge? I want full synthetic 0-20 weight. I don't want to go back to Jenkins Honda just for an oil change.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
What make of car and what was the charge? I want full synthetic 0-20 weight. I don't want to go back to Jenkins Honda just for an oil change.
I've not had the oil changed there on my Ford CMAX. I'll go this week and will let you know. The CMAX will be fine on regular oil.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Closed Thread

Tags
oil, change, auto, back, accurso

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.