Buying a new Golf Car/Cart, Many great dealers on this site? Where Should I go?

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2020, 01:24 PM

250 miles doesn't necessarily mean you hop in your golf cart and drive 250 miles in one day, it can mean you can get 250 miles on your golf cart with one tank of gas.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:30 PM

my sentiments exactly. we first purchased a refurbished gas cart 10 years ago when we moved here, but then as time went on and The Villages got larger we found out that a gas cart is more economical and you can go much further on a tank of gas. of course, it all depends on how much you use your golf cart also.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:47 PM

Definitely a 2 seater unless you have lots of company or don't play golf. 4 seaters are not convenient for loading clubs. Prefer Yamaha quiet tech gas cart. I would recommend The Villages Carts, especially the one at Sumter Landing. They always provide a loaner cart if you need service on your cart. A bit higher price but worth it in service.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Three people I play golf with have purchased new carts, in the last year or so.

For what it's worth to the OP, each one said they shopped around pretty thoroughly with local choices (for the service part) and they ALL bought from...Carts & Clubs in Ocala.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenistaf View Post
While a TV majority go for gas - it's faster - electric are quieter with no exhaust fumes if one is sensitive. I bought electric because the automotive industry is rapidly developing better batteries (range, an issue 5 years ago, is not a great concern now and will be less in the future) and electrics have far fewer moving parts to go wrong.
Might want to talk to the person that services your electric. They can adjust your speed upwards if you have a need for speed.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
250 miles doesn't necessarily mean you hop in your golf cart and drive 250 miles in one day, it can mean you can get 250 miles on your golf cart with one tank of gas.
Which is why the 250 miles is meaninless. What matters is how far you drive on a daily basis. Electrics plug into the outlet in your garage, sooner or later gas requires a trip to a gas station which, depending on where you live can take some considerable time. Electric shows up in your electric bill, gas requires cash or credit disbursement at point of purchase. Pro's and cons but I beleive most people avoid electric because they have range fear....both in carts and cars. It's changing, but will take awhile.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
seater, good, gas, experience, buying

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.