Century Link Prism TV available in The Villages

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 AM

Talked to Century Link and it is not currently available for our new CYV (Southern Star Villas) in Tamarind Grove. She even double checked!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Default Prisum

I had spoke with a rep at the store the other day by phone she checked my account and said it was available I am in the Village of Amelia.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM

not availabile in all areas of the villages
drd
Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Does anyone have feedback from Prism yet?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Default Century Link south of 466A

We had CL installed last Dec. and put it on vacation Jan. through last Thursday. First month no problems--loved the service (have the triple play).
Had it taken off vacation hold while we are here for three weeks--major problems. Our TV's freeze up and have spent approx. 15 hours on the phone with them, as they say they have to rebuild the problem. Been here 6 days and it has frozen up 4 of those days. We just found out this a.m. while on the phone for a good hour that we are not the only ones having problems in our area. Supposedly, they are sending out an engineer to look at everything in this area. We don't trust what they say and we're switching to Bright House. I think they have too many technicians, etc. that have no clue what to do.

Update: Had Bright House come today and install everything. Found out several residents in Sanibel having problems with CL. Tuesday night, talked with Paul, the sales rep for this territory. We got free installation and the first month of the basic charge free ($130). Total cost for digital cable, internet (same speed as CL) and phone is approximately $140 plus taxes. Can put system on vacation hold for a period of 3-9 months with an approximately fee of $25.00. So far, BH has been great. Installer was quick, knowledgeable and we now have a great picture.

Last edited by Hawkmom3; 04-12-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: more in
Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM

Good luck with working with Centurylink. Beside rude customer service reps and tech support that could not/would not help, I had them out here 3 times in 2 weeks, to install the prism and EVERYTIME they sent a different sub sontractor and EVERY time the contractor wanted more money for something. AND it still was not installed. They installed wiring on TOP of my siding and it looked awful!!! Love my Direct, and have very little issues with lost service. Rather deal with a little lost service than have to EVER deal with Century Link again!! Am cancelling my home phone service and internet as soon as I can get something else in place!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:03 PM

DISH Network...anyone switched to their new "Hopper" converter/DVR?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Beware Century Link

There was a sales rep in TV back in late Feb early March pushing Century Link . We signed due to the big difference in price. Same package I had with Comcast however a better picture with Century Link plus the watch anywhere feature. Well the instalation I was told I wouldn't have to pay I had to and the rate I was quoted changed because of a rate increase. So beware !

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.