CenturyLink Bundle

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Veteran member
Default CenturyLink Bundle

I didn't want to hijack another thread so I am asking my question separately. I have had phone, internet and Dish TV with CenturyLink and find that my bill increases about every three months. I understand the increase after the initial promo period. I have the Silver package - it was $60.99 for 2 months - now it is $65.99. It may have even started lower than that. My contract is up in December and I'm getting rid of it if this continues. I have called customer service and can't understand the bill either with all the taxes etc. Any input from anyone?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 PM

we currently have the same bundle and plan to make some changes since our prices have continually increased. I thoroughly understand promo's and that after the first year the price changes but...Iam about at my limit. Dish is another story, how it can go from the intro price of approx $65.00 to now being $103.00 is beyond me. We plan to make some inquiries this week.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Gold member

The easiest way to lower your bill is to cut back on the number of channels you receive. Think about it. When we grew up there were three channels. ABC, CBS, and NBC. Do you really need 150 channels now?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM

I am counting the days until I can effect a divorce with DISH. (Mar 12) For all the reasons you've indicated plus lack of good picture quality and service. When I moved here it was a real transparent move, which impressed me, but since it has gone down hill. I'm just torn between cable and Direct - I'm afraid there are no clear choices....
Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

It isn't a matter of having less channels - it is a matter of being ripped off. I called Dish for an explanation of charges - check your bill for TV2 Receiver Connection charge of $5.00. When I asked about this charge, I was asked what my email address was to verify it. They had an email address for me which I have not had for years and can't even imagine where they got it. I have had CenturyLink and then the change to Embarqmail for probably about 5 years. I just hooked up to Dish 1 1/2 yrs ago. He insisted they didn't make it up and that I gave it to them. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!! That would be like me giving a phone number I had 10 years ago when I lived in CT - I don't even remember that number. My current email (especially the only one I've been using for 5 years) is the only one I would ever give. Seniors Against Crime is going to get a call and I am definitely dropping Dish when my contract is up (unfortunately Dec of this year). I hope I can get some action from Seniors Against Crime.

Update: I spoke with CenturyLink and they are no longer affiliated with Dish - they are with Direct TV but honoring the customers with their bundles with Dish TV. Also, meeting with Seniors Against Crime to file a complaint.

Last edited by mfp509; 03-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I didn't want to hijack another thread so I am asking my question separately. I have had phone, internet and Dish TV with CenturyLink and find that my bill increases about every three months. I understand the increase after the initial promo period. I have the Silver package - it was $60.99 for 2 months - now it is $65.99. It may have even started lower than that. My contract is up in December and I'm getting rid of it if this continues. I have called customer service and can't understand the bill either with all the taxes etc. Any input from anyone?
I have bad some problems with them. The plastic cover for the wires that connect them to our house DISINTEGEATED and has broken in several places. When I called them, they refused to replace the box unless I pay for another one. They said if I did not request this within 30 days from installation, we have to pay as it is cosmetic not required. We had tied it together several times. When my contract is over we are thinking of going to another provider. I am hoping that water gets to the wires and DESTROYS them...then we can ger FREE replacements!!!!!!! The box is way TOO SMALL for the equipment they were meant to cover!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM

I am pretty unhappy with all the providers why can't they be better?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.