choosing cell phone plan

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2020, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Mint Mobile. $15 per month prepaid for unlimited talk and text and 3 GBytes of data. Higher data plans are also available if you needed more. They also have good deals if you travel outside the country.
I have only a flip-phone and a home phone currently. I use the AT&T prepaid Go Phone plan for my cell phone for about ten years, it's only a $100 a year for a 1000 minutes, I have close to 3,000 minutes rolled over. I'm not a big user of the phone, but I have thought about getting a smart phone.

Looking at this plan, it seems to be similar to what I have except it's a smart phone version. They have many phones on the Mint Mobile site, what would you recommend for an occasional user. I might do away with my home phone if I get a smart phone.

Mint Mobile Phones
Old 02-18-2020, 09:53 AM
Platinum member

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a smart phone then I would recommend an iPhone 6s for $169. It should be a new-in-box from Mint Mobile and while it is a several year old model it should serve you well. I have a an iPhone 6s and will keep it for several more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I have only a flip-phone and a home phone currently. I use the AT&T prepaid Go Phone plan for my cell phone for about ten years, it's only a $100 a year for a 1000 minutes, I have close to 3,000 minutes rolled over. I'm not a big user of the phone, but I have thought about getting a smart phone.

Looking at this plan, it seems to be similar to what I have except it's a smart phone version. They have many phones on the Mint Mobile site, what would you recommend for an occasional user. I might do away with my home phone if I get a smart phone.

Mint Mobile Phones
Old 02-18-2020, 10:14 AM

Looks like they will not allow URL's in the post like next door App All 3 Internet providers in the villages provide Mobile phone service both by Gig and unlimited Sprint and VZ and At&t has Senior plans and over 55 Plans I will try to PM you more info
Old 02-18-2020, 10:31 AM
Gold member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeiferec3553 View Post
I would appreciate input on choosing a cell phone plan for unlocked S10e.
I went to Consumer Cellular & dropped Verison. C.C. was 10 times cheaper than Verison & never ever had a dropped call. Verison we had to stand in the street to call or talk. In the house we sometimes could get a good connection but 95% of the time we would get dropped. We went to Verison & complained & they said no towers near & we are going to put more towers up in the Charlotte area. 3 yrs. later still getting dropped calls. They also quoted me a price & swore it would be this exact price, tax & everything, liars. I got the same song & dance on 3 new phones I got over the yrs. same thing 30 to $45. higher than they swore by. Consumer Cellular was $35. a month & 5 yrs. later $35. a month still. Plus I got more talk mins. text & data. Verison it cost more to get the same thing. Now where I live not in TV, I got on our grandsons plan with T-Mobil & my wife & I get unlimited everything including DATA for $23. each of us so it cost me $46. a month. I know for a fact Verison costumers can't say that & not even Consumer Cellular. But I've got admit T-Mobil sucks in the north where we come from, Ohio. So I would say check out Consumer Cellular. No Contract, no hidden fees with NO surprises when you get your bill. Also if you have it a month & you don't like them, cancel & there's NO penalty. Nothing wrong with Verizon but very expensive & personally I don't think they work with their costumers! I just wouldn't get T-Mobil in TV unless you know someone that has it & see what they say. Hope this helps, sorry Verizon costumers!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:33 AM
Default Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeiferec3553 View Post
I would appreciate input on choosing a cell phone plan for unlocked S10e.
Consumer Cellular w/T-Mobile chip
Closed Thread

Tags
choosing, cell, phone, plan, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.