Comcast: Has your bill gone up?

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!
Default Re: Comcast: Has your bill gone up?

When we first moved here we had Clearlink Communications it was great, then the developer sold it to Comcast we had Comcast with high speed internet for some time and got fed up with their svc and price so we went to Dish which goes out almost everytime it rains. So now my husband wants to go back to Comcast as soon as this contract is up. But what I would like is to be able to get Brighthouse or ATT of course we know that will never happen since Comcast probably got exclusive rights to the area, so much for free commerce.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:56 PM

I was on Comcast High Speed Internet for many years. I found that it was going up all the time. Finally, we decided to try Dish Network for TV and at the time, Sprint had a package for Dish Network, DSL Internet (with Earthlink) and Telephone. We got it. The DSL is $29.95 (maybe even $24.95 now alone) for as long as you have it. NO INCREASES, they say. Of course, as they say, the only thing CONSTANT is CHANGE... now Sprint has become EMBARQ and my email is now (how crazy) embarqmail........ But it is fine, if you don't try to use their web mail page. I can tell very little difference in speed.
Snomore
Old 10-08-2007, 10:54 AM

We also have Dish in what they call a bundled package. Phone, TV & high speed internet.

We had some problem with our satellite going out when it rained. They just came out here this morning and put a new part on the dish which is said to be new & better. The other one went bad, probably from the lightening we get.

The only thing I did not like was they wanted us switch to their email embarq. They kept saying and emailing that embarq will not support earthlink and that you had until Oct 31 to switch over to embarq. They made it sound like their system would not work with earthlink. What they did not tell you is basically you can still keep your earthlink account as long as you pay earthlink for it yourself.

I did not want to switch my email address. It is a big problem. So I am going to pay earthlink myself. I don't have any problems getting on to my email account with earthlink from any computer when we are away from home.

But I love Dish service and their high definition satellite.........too bad we all lost Clear Link. Their service was fantastic, heck they would even answer questions about your computer connection problems even though it was not their responsibility. And there was always a female human voice answering the phone when the cable was out. Well maybe some of you got a busy signal. But she was the only one there working on the problem. That Clear Link female suppervisor Christine would come into the office late nite and reboot the system when the electric went out and then came back on and take the phone calls because the tecs that were on call could not be reached.

The cable does not come on by itself as one would think it does. Your electric comes on but now somebody has got to, I'll call it reboot the satelite. I know this for a fact because she is my daughter. She had an unbelievable dedication and love for that job. Most of all she loved her clients.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Default ClearLink <--> Comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
When we first moved here we had Clearlink Communications it was great, then the developer sold it to Comcast we had Comcast with high speed internet for some time and got fed up with their svc and price so we went to Dish which goes out almost everytime it rains. So now my husband wants to go back to Comcast as soon as this contract is up. But what I would like is to be able to get Brighthouse or ATT of course we know that will never happen since Comcast probably got exclusive rights to the area, so much for free commerce.
I recently received a marketing call from ClearLink and they mailed me their channel line up and pricing...Is ClearLink the same as Comcast...the material does not mention Comcast anywhere....

John
Old 10-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory View Post
I still get a separate amenities bill each month. Water, sewer and trash are on one bill.
+

If you consider that water, sewer & trash are "amenities" then it seems that the $127/mo for "amenities" is a real bargain!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Default Comcast & Ammenity

Comcast is always going up. No competition. When we first moved here we had Clear Link and Comcast proceeded to buy them out so we are left with one cable company.

Also our ammenity fee has gone up every year for the past 5 years. I am wondering how high it will go????
Old 10-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Eternal Member

The amenities bill will go up every year based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI).

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.