City Furniture Day 1

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Default City Furniture Day 1

Received a large purchase of furniture from City Furniture today. Seven of the eight pieces had to be returned.

Not only did I pay additional charges for full inspection of all pieces before leaving the warehouse in Southern Florida but some of the pieces were actually damaged and painted over and without a doubt sent to me hoping that I would not notice this. I also purchased a four-hour decorator package. The quality of the measurements and Eye Of The Decorator are also questionable. For the last 2 hours City Furniture stores in Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing have had their phones ringing busy. The store general manager is not available. Even The Decorator could not reach the store manager.

Waiting to hear what will happen in the future. Definitely would take the furniture if it was not defective because it fit well and looks nicely in the store. However my decorator has some read measuring to do, and the store needs to make some type of amends for all of the trouble I have been through, not to mention the embarrassment that I feel not having to be able to tip the delivery men because a second shipment would require more tipping. I apologized to them for this at which point they became snippy.

I can't even go to another store and replace my furniture, in my empty home, because I have come very close to my credit card limit and City Furniture has already charged me for furniture that they did not come through on

Stay tuned!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Platinum member

Watch how many people brag about the quality experience they had with CF. I would never, ever shop there.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:32 PM

One time, never again...
Old 05-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Contact your credit card company and relate your story - dispute the charge if yoou can!

Old 05-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Contact your credit card company and relate your story - dispute the charge if yoou can!
Definitely. That is the best idea.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary4471 View Post
Received a large purchase of furniture from City Furniture today. Seven of the eight pieces had to be returned.

Not only did I pay additional charges for full inspection of all pieces before leaving the warehouse in Southern Florida but some of the pieces were actually damaged and painted over and without a doubt sent to me hoping that I would not notice this. I also purchased a four-hour decorator package. The quality of the measurements and Eye Of The Decorator are also questionable. For the last 2 hours City Furniture stores in Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing have had their phones ringing busy. The store general manager is not available. Even The Decorator could not reach the store manager.

Waiting to hear what will happen in the future. Definitely would take the furniture if it was not defective because it fit well and looks nicely in the store. However my decorator has some read measuring to do, and the store needs to make some type of amends for all of the trouble I have been through, not to mention the embarrassment that I feel not having to be able to tip the delivery men because a second shipment would require more tipping. I apologized to them for this at which point they became snippy.

I can't even go to another store and replace my furniture, in my empty home, because I have come very close to my credit card limit and City Furniture has already charged me for furniture that they did not come through on

Stay tuned!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Watch how many people brag about the quality experience they had with CF. I would never, ever shop there.
Both of you should do a search of "City Furniture" on this site.
There are plenty of complaints posted.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Both of you should do a search of "City Furniture" on this site.
There are plenty of complaints posted.
If nothing else comes of this sad situation, at a minimum, I hope people at least take your advice and search here to find out what you are getting into.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:34 AM
Sage

No excuse for buying anything from any business without doing your homework, lots of info online

The 2 businesses to really avoid in The Villages in my honest opinion are City Furniture and Tire Choice, use them @ your own financial risk and in the case of Tire Choice your safety.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No excuse for buying anything from any business without doing your homework, lots of info online

The 2 businesses to really avoid in The Villages in my honest opinion are City Furniture and Tire Choice, use them @ your own financial risk and in the case of Tire Choice your safety.
Tire choice: new set of tires exact as on the car= $1,347.
Wildwood tire: ". " ". ". " = $684.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

everything i saw at city furniture was manufacture wood and junk also the staff was less then helpful and rude!
If you like furniture made of real wood by real craftsman, take a look at Amish stores like the one in wildwood.
But be prepared to pay accordingly.
I have Sumter manufactured furniture from Carolina from 15 years ago that is pristine, and my wife said why don't we sell it and buy new when we get to Florida, well the answer was obvious and i said we will transport it and we are both glad we did.
Manufactures of real wood furniture have gone to the waist side and the furniture stores can't compete with the manufacture wood and labor cost.
Good luck folks and look in the talk in the villages under classified, a lot of folks are sell nice furniture for responsible prices.
It just takes some time to get what you want.
We had a plastic shelf for a TV stand for a year until we found what we wanted for a entertainment center, Normally 2k and up we did for less then 700 and over 12" long
Old 05-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,804 Times in 3,661 Posts

Quote:
Is it just me? Seems like it happens everyday. Someone joins TOTV to bitch about something they could have researched here the day before.
Sometimes you have to come here to bit*^ after, to learn to come and research before.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,510 Times in 1,910 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Is it just me? Seems like it happens everyday. Someone joins TOTV to bitch about something they could have researched here the day before.
No. It is not just you.

I guess we should try to understand, but I think common sense isn't common anymore. If you don't know a little bit about researching and shopping and comparing and observing and thinking long and hard before you shell out good money by the time you are old enough to live here, well then, it may be too late.

Welcome to the forum, OP. Most of us are nice and some of us are nice all of the time. But not me. Today.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-25-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
....Welcome to the forum, OP. Most of us are nice and some of us are nice all of the time....
and gracie is one of those "all of the time";ers...
Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 AM

Who is the good furniture company in the area?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I love Babette's. Some agree. Others don't. Search this forum and see what you find.

Tags
furniture, store, decorator, city, pieces

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.