Do We Need A Costcos?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Who is they?
I KNEW I should have edited!
"They" would be those who interview/review/decide
what stores will enter commercial space in The Villages.
Did I word that better?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Unhappy

BJ has been sold to a private investment group. Sale to be finalized in October. Hope they don't make too many changes. We enjoy shopping there up here in the north.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
BJ has been sold to a private investment group. Sale to be finalized in October. Hope they don't make too many changes. We enjoy shopping there up here in the north.
There's one in Clermont about 27 miles down 27.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I KNEW I should have edited!
"They" would be those who interview/review/decide
what stores will enter commercial space in The Villages.
Did I word that better?
Thanks Uptown Girl. I only ask because I really didn't know.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I believe I read in the Daily Sun that they were working on arrangements for both a Costco and a Cheesecake Factory.

We shop at Costco, and often split/share large packaged quantities with single friends and family when there too much for us to use or store. That makes the value work well for us.
Love to see the "Cheesecake Factory" in TV.

I would prefer BJ's more than Costco. The BJ's up north has it's products displayed in a neat fashion.

I am biased as BJ's is almost how you say my last name. My mother and father owned a luncheonette that several children could not pronunce our last name correctly hence BJ's.

Well, I am off to BJ's to do some shopping.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 07-03-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Additional Comments
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The choice depends on the quality of story in your local. The only BJ's we had was small and inefective and so difficult to compare. We did have a good costco in two different cities in which we lived but believe they more expensive than Sam's. We found Sam's here to be good
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 AM

We live about 2 miles from a BJ's in MA and we have been members for years. We are also members of Sam's because it is close to out home in TV. There is a Costco about 15 miles from our home in MA and I've used them several times as a "free" membership period. I just can't justify driving that far, so we did not become members.

I remain most impressed with Costco because of their store layout and their refund policy. If I remember correctly, I've read reviews in Consumer Reports that ranks Costco #1 when compared to both Sam's and BJ's.

I would like to see a Costco closer to TV, but we'll continue to go to Sam's if the Costco store ends up much farther away than Sam's, .

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

For what I buy, Costco is number one both with quality and price. I am a member of Sam's as well and used to belong to BJ's. Costco is head and shoulders above the other two. And which one you prefer does depend on what you buy. I have sent Costco an e-mail about every month to try and get them to locate someplace close to TV.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Would love to see one here.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
For what I buy, Costco is number one both with quality and price. I am a member of Sam's as well and used to belong to BJ's. Costco is head and shoulders above the other two. And which one you prefer does depend on what you buy. I have sent Costco an e-mail about every month to try and get them to locate someplace close to TV.
That has been my experience as well. I've used all three. I dropped BJ's after the first year because the one near us couldn't begin to compare with the other two. I've kept my Sam's membership only because the closest Sams to me is much closer than the closest Costco. I always renew my Costco membership because it's the best of the three in price and quality. I just emailed Costco again to request a location near TV.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Platinum member

We went to Costco today, 37 miles. There were other stops before (that's why we make that trip to "town". They have good prices on some things, not so much on others. Would like to see one close, but not a game stopper for our move to TV.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Gold member

One of the first things we looked for when we discovered the Villages was the proximity to a Costco...we make a weekly pilgrimage (for the house and office). It has gotten to be such a joke at work, we even found a Costco in Cancun and took pictures to show the others at the office!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Sage

A costco in golf cart range would be nice..keep the spending down, cause if it does not fit you don't need it....That 50inch TV will just have to sit on the shelf Ahhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I'm also a Costco fan and have written to their corporate offices to take a look at the business opportunity in The Villages area. Sam's is OK........but it still pales a bit in comparison, especially in the fresh fish and meats. The last time I was in a Costco they had their own brand (Kirklands) Splenda at $12.99 for 1500 packs. Can't beat that. The workers are better compensated in Costco also, and a happier bunch. I've let my membership lapse because of their distance to TV and have let them know that, also.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Costco's=Yes

Sam's Club= Yuckeee!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.