Do We Need A Costcos?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Uptown Girl's Avatar
Uptown Girl Uptown Girl is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Villages
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Who is they?
I KNEW I should have edited!
"They" would be those who interview/review/decide
what stores will enter commercial space in The Villages.
Did I word that better?
  #17  
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Biker Dog's Avatar
Biker Dog Biker Dog is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Posts: 783
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Unhappy

BJ has been sold to a private investment group. Sale to be finalized in October. Hope they don't make too many changes. We enjoy shopping there up here in the north.
  #18  
Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Russ_Boston's Avatar
Russ_Boston Russ_Boston is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 4,847
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
BJ has been sold to a private investment group. Sale to be finalized in October. Hope they don't make too many changes. We enjoy shopping there up here in the north.
There's one in Clermont about 27 miles down 27.
  #19  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 AM
missypie missypie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,140
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I KNEW I should have edited!
"They" would be those who interview/review/decide
what stores will enter commercial space in The Villages.
Did I word that better?
Thanks Uptown Girl. I only ask because I really didn't know.
  #20  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,694
Thanks: 1
Thanked 102 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I believe I read in the Daily Sun that they were working on arrangements for both a Costco and a Cheesecake Factory.

We shop at Costco, and often split/share large packaged quantities with single friends and family when there too much for us to use or store. That makes the value work well for us.
Love to see the "Cheesecake Factory" in TV.

I would prefer BJ's more than Costco. The BJ's up north has it's products displayed in a neat fashion.

I am biased as BJ's is almost how you say my last name. My mother and father owned a luncheonette that several children could not pronunce our last name correctly hence BJ's.

Well, I am off to BJ's to do some shopping.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 07-03-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Additional Comments
  #21  
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,701
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

The choice depends on the quality of story in your local. The only BJ's we had was small and inefective and so difficult to compare. We did have a good costco in two different cities in which we lived but believe they more expensive than Sam's. We found Sam's here to be good
  #22  
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
natickdan's Avatar
natickdan natickdan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 419
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We live about 2 miles from a BJ's in MA and we have been members for years. We are also members of Sam's because it is close to out home in TV. There is a Costco about 15 miles from our home in MA and I've used them several times as a "free" membership period. I just can't justify driving that far, so we did not become members.

I remain most impressed with Costco because of their store layout and their refund policy. If I remember correctly, I've read reviews in Consumer Reports that ranks Costco #1 when compared to both Sam's and BJ's.

I would like to see a Costco closer to TV, but we'll continue to go to Sam's if the Costco store ends up much farther away than Sam's, .
__________________
Regards:

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
  #23  
Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 PM
l2ridehd's Avatar
l2ridehd l2ridehd is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bridgeport At Miona Shores
Posts: 3,516
Thanks: 1
Thanked 171 Times in 56 Posts
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default

For what I buy, Costco is number one both with quality and price. I am a member of Sam's as well and used to belong to BJ's. Costco is head and shoulders above the other two. And which one you prefer does depend on what you buy. I have sent Costco an e-mail about every month to try and get them to locate someplace close to TV.
__________________
Life is to short to drink cheap wine.
  #24  
Old 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM
marybb's Avatar
marybb marybb is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Buttonwood, formerly Dartmouth,Ma
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Would love to see one here.
  #25  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
For what I buy, Costco is number one both with quality and price. I am a member of Sam's as well and used to belong to BJ's. Costco is head and shoulders above the other two. And which one you prefer does depend on what you buy. I have sent Costco an e-mail about every month to try and get them to locate someplace close to TV.
That has been my experience as well. I've used all three. I dropped BJ's after the first year because the one near us couldn't begin to compare with the other two. I've kept my Sam's membership only because the closest Sams to me is much closer than the closest Costco. I always renew my Costco membership because it's the best of the three in price and quality. I just emailed Costco again to request a location near TV.
  #26  
Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Posh 08's Avatar
Posh 08 Posh 08 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,820
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We went to Costco today, 37 miles. There were other stops before (that's why we make that trip to "town". They have good prices on some things, not so much on others. Would like to see one close, but not a game stopper for our move to TV.
  #27  
Old 08-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Trish Crocker's Avatar
Trish Crocker Trish Crocker is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Mi...NOW Fernandina!!!
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

One of the first things we looked for when we discovered the Villages was the proximity to a Costco...we make a weekly pilgrimage (for the house and office). It has gotten to be such a joke at work, we even found a Costco in Cancun and took pictures to show the others at the office!
  #28  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:59 AM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia Frog and a Snowflake
Posts: 6,797
Thanks: 14
Thanked 557 Times in 245 Posts
Default

A costco in golf cart range would be nice..keep the spending down, cause if it does not fit you don't need it....That 50inch TV will just have to sit on the shelf Ahhhhhhhhhh
  #29  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 AM
RichieLion's Avatar
RichieLion RichieLion is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Posts: 6,002
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default

I'm also a Costco fan and have written to their corporate offices to take a look at the business opportunity in The Villages area. Sam's is OK........but it still pales a bit in comparison, especially in the fresh fish and meats. The last time I was in a Costco they had their own brand (Kirklands) Splenda at $12.99 for 1500 packs. Can't beat that. The workers are better compensated in Costco also, and a happier bunch. I've let my membership lapse because of their distance to TV and have let them know that, also.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania (1759)
  #30  
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
villagegolfer villagegolfer is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Costco's=Yes

Sam's Club= Yuckeee!!!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.