Electric Wall fireplace hanging or recessed

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2019, 08:23 AM
Default Electric Wall fireplace hanging or recessed

Looking for advice for a hanging or recessed electric wall fireplace. Store/product/installer. Thank you.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnug87 View Post
Looking for advice for a hanging or recessed electric wall fireplace. Store/product/installer. Thank you.
Double check your house plans to make sure the wall that you are using for a recessed unit is not load bearing. You can get your plans for the building department. I was surprised to find there are 2 load bearing walls in our house, a Gardenia.
IMHO, a nice free standing unit gives you much more flexibility, and probably at a lower cost. You may need to have a dedicated electrical service installed for the unit depending on the power requirements.
You should be able to do a Google search for fireplace units to get an idea of costs. Also, I recently saw a thread on this site about wall design showing a stone faced wall with a fire place insert.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Default Muskoka Wall mount heater

We bought a Muskoka 36 inch wall mount heater 2-3 years ago. There's also a 42 inch model.

(VT you may recall my cold front bedroom problem. This solved it)

It is perfect. Mounts directly on the wall. (easy do it yourself) Uses standard electrical outlet. The air blows out the bottom and away from the wall. The wall above and below stay remarkably cool. The heater is beautiful when off, more beautiful when on. Takes up no floor space. Can have it operate with or without heat. Uses almost no electricity when using just the fireplace function without heat.
We use it as a supplement to a single chilly room on these cold mornings.

I see that Amazon has it for $150
Home Depot, Lowes and Walmart also have it.

https://www.amazon.com/Muskoka-Curve...HWVD2GBWKKA4MY
Old 11-26-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

We have built-in, used one time. In NC used all fireplaces frequently for obvious reasons.
Closed Thread

Tags
electric, recessed, wall, fireplace, hanging

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.