Good News/Bad News on AC Problem

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Default Good News/Bad News on AC Problem

On Tuesday afternoon, our 2 1/2 year old AC handler fan stopped working. I called the company which installed the unit, and was informed that it would be 6 days before they could come out. I then called Munn's at 3 PM. The problem was fixed by 6 PM including trips to their shop for parts. They arranged to have the warranty transferred from the initial installation company, and all of the cost was covered under warranty. It seems that the initial installation company will not respond promptly unless you subscribe to their preventative maintenance program. Our problem was a failure of an electronic component which is a known weak spot which could not be identified ahead of time. Either it works or it doesn't. Needless to say, I am a Munn's convert, and disappointed that the installation company does not view service as part of their responsibility unless you pay extra for it.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Platinum member

Munns helped you out this time with the warranty claim. Good. However, my experience was with an out-of-pocket fix. Munn's prices were significantly higher than Chuck Farrell Co in Lady Lake. If you check the AC threads here you will find that TOTV folks say Chuck is one of the most respected businessmen in the area.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM

I called Chuck in the early evening because our AC went out. The said no they were done for the day. I then called Munn's and they came out within the hour and fixed it. Cost was fair and we were real happy to not spend the night with no AC. I will stick with Munn's.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMarilyn View Post
On Tuesday afternoon, our 2 1/2 year old AC handler fan stopped working. I called the company which installed the unit, and was informed that it would be 6 days before they could come out. I then called Munn's at 3 PM. The problem was fixed by 6 PM including trips to their shop for parts. They arranged to have the warranty transferred from the initial installation company, and all of the cost was covered under warranty. It seems that the initial installation company will not respond promptly unless you subscribe to their preventative maintenance program. Our problem was a failure of an electronic component which is a known weak spot which could not be identified ahead of time. Either it works or it doesn't. Needless to say, I am a Munn's convert, and disappointed that the installation company does not view service as part of their responsibility unless you pay extra for it.
who was the first company
Old 07-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Gold member

...what brand is the AC?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
who was the first company
Sunshine
Old 07-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
...what brand is the AC?
Carrier
Old 07-04-2014, 09:47 AM

We have had great experiences with Munn's - including last night. About 9 p.m. we came home to discover that our A/C was running but not cooling. We called Munn's and a tech was here in about an hour. Within 20 minutes he had replaced a capacitor (under warranty). He was on his way and we were cooled down!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I will keep this thread in mind because given its Florida AC is essential. It would seem for competitive reasons along an AC company would want to build in an emergency respond unit ?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 AM

We did our 1 yr. ckeckup with Sunshine and they want to scare you into taking out their warranty program. They wanted $191.00 per yr. for this service.
Outrageous!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.