How to cancel Century Link via email

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default How to cancel Century Link via email

I have to cancel Century Link. I have searched their website and so far all I can find is a phone number for cancelling and I do not want to get hung up on the phone with them. Has anyone done this by email? I really want a hard copy for my files, just in case.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have to cancel Century Link. I have searched their website and so far all I can find is a phone number for cancelling and I do not want to get hung up on the phone with them. Has anyone done this by email? I really want a hard copy for my files, just in case.
My guess is that a personal phone call must be made in order to verify that it is the customer making the request rather than an email which might have been spoofed.

Have you tried to make that cancellation request by using their "LIVE CHAT" option and requesting an email confirmation? You should also be able to copy/paste that conversation since both parties type their messages to each other.

Old 02-19-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
My guess is that a personal phone call must be made in order to verify that it is the customer making the request rather than an email which might have been spoofed.

Have you tried to make that cancellation request by using their "LIVE CHAT" option and requesting an email confirmation? You should also be able to copy/paste that conversation since both parties type their messages to each other.
Thanks for the great information. I have been told I have to initiate the process through a phone call which I was hoping to avoid. I just do not want the hassle of having them try to change my mind. I just want it done.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the great information. I have been told I have to initiate the process through a phone call which I was hoping to avoid. I just do not want the hassle of having them try to change my mind. I just want it done.
Tell them that you are moving to an area that they do not service. Or that you are moving in with someone who already has their service.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:07 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Madelaine Amee - If a cust serv rep starts to hassle you - politely ask them what don't they understand about the word cancel! If they continue to aggravate - just tell them you will call back and hope you get a rep who understands the word cancel!

Old 02-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Be firm in your request. Don't give in!
Old 02-20-2020, 06:46 AM
Default How to Cancel Century Link

Good luck. We wanted to cancel and you do have to call them. However, we had the problem that they did not cancel when I asked them to so we kept getting charged. You have to keep going up the ladder to speak to someone who is really willing to help. It took us a good few months until we were finally finished with them.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I recently canceled my CenturyLink Prism TV. The representative couldn't have been more helpful, there was no pressure to continue service, and I received an email confirmation. I don't suspect you'll have a problem.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:54 AM

I had a similar experience with Century Link. In the end I just stopped paying them and replaced their service. Other than a few pay up emails and one bill collector notice 6 months ago the cancellation was done.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo120 View Post
I had a similar experience with Century Link. In the end I just stopped paying them and replaced their service. Other than a few pay up emails and one bill collector notice 6 months ago the cancellation was done.
You may want to get a free copy of your credit report to see if the unpaid account shows up there. If so, it will affect your credit score, which is used for a lot of things like your insurance rates, and not just for borrowing money.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:31 AM

I cancelled a few months ago. No hassle. Returning the equipment took some effort since it took several calls to get the shipping box and labels needed to return all of the TV boxes and remotes.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Stop paying the bill, Then they will get the point!
Old 02-20-2020, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
Stop paying the bill, Then they will get the point!
I would not just stop paying the bill. If you don't get a legal cancellation of the contract, you risk getting a negative mark on your credit report. Credit reports are now being used to determine people's insurance rates, whether to rent to them, and even whether to hire them for a job.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, email, link, century, cancel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.