The Ken Spano Repair Experience. Pros or Cons

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Todd Casey is the best and reasonable prices.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:50 AM

I just used them to put in a high speed motor that did nothing.The same speed as the old motor.Had my cart in their shop for 10 days.Returned it with no improvement.When the tow guy dropped it off at my house he told me that I needed to have the controller reprogrammed to go faster.I asked him why didn`t you guys do that???No reply.Needless to say not a happy customer.THis situation isn`t over by no means.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:54 AM

it's always interesting to read reviews that are polar opposites, although worrisome. I only used Spano once for battery replacement and had no problems whatsoever. I am using them again next week for replacement batteries (after 7 years of no issues). I'll report back.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
it's always interesting to read reviews that are polar opposites, although worrisome. I only used Spano once for battery replacement and had no problems whatsoever. I am using them again next week for replacement batteries (after 7 years of no issues). I'll report back.

I've found Spano to be hit or miss. Seems to depend on who comes out. However, they are one of the few outside of the dealer that will work on Par Cars.

For my cart, I use Willie Wilcoxon. Have found him to be extremely knowledgeable and reasonably priced.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Gold member

I also used them for replacement batteries and no problems here either.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Depends who you get from there. Some of the guys are great mechanics, a couple are so-so at best. I really like Willie Wilcoxon. He knows his carts, does most of the work at your house and has fair prices.
Do you have a phone number for Willie? I'm looking for someone who will do minor work such as a tune-up right at our house.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:23 PM

Lug nuts loose after new tires, called back and left messages. Finally I reached someone and attitude was so what get a wrench and tighten them. Never use again.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Had good experience with 5 star golf cart service Does work in your driveway at a fair price-Shon Roberts 352 308 6272

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.