Kitchen refacing

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2020, 02:30 PM
Default Kitchen refacing

Looking for a kitchen refacing company. Any sugguestions based on current use of services?
Joyce 717-319-8279
Old 01-08-2020, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I used Remington Kitchens in Leesburg in 2013 reface my kitchen cabinets since they were only two years old at the time, that was their specialty. Our 10'x10' courtyard villa (CYV) kitchen had what was called, unfinished maple cabinets. I thought they were horrible, we wanted white but with villas there is no customization. Now, TV is putting white cabinets in a lot of the new homes.

All the old doors and drawer fronts were removed. The base cabinet was covered with white material that was glued on. Then new doors with new hardware in white and new drawer fronts were installed. White crown molding was applied to the top edge of the cabinets and new contemporary hand pulls were installed. It took one fellow working morning to night two solid days and he finished, price was $4800.

I believe the owner Paul Remington has retired and I cannot find any up-to-date website, he had a great site with videos before.

If you noticed, Doc Restorations does almost daily advertising in The Villages Sun, sometimes a full page at a time. My neighbor just had his CYV gutted. All new kitchens and baths, flooring, everything. He had Doc's Restorations working for months. They did a really good job. I noticed their most recent ads have include cabinet refacing. Their workmanship, the reviews, and the reliability factor, they would be the first I would call.

Doc's Restorations: Kitchen Remodeling in The Villages, Ocala and Surrounding Areas
Old 01-09-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

IMHO, unless the original cabinets are high quality plywood construction (not MDF) I would not spend the thousands of dollars to reface the existing cabinets. I would replace with high quality cabinets. I did this up north, using RTA (Ready To Assemble) cabinets that were all plywood, no MDF, solid Oak fronts. These were less than ready to install cabinets at the big box stores, and when I added glue and nails, I ended up with much higher quality. When I finished the kitchen the realtor and a friend in construction said I did a $50,000 upgrade for less than $12,000, cabinets were about $2,000 to $2,400 of this project.

Tags
kitchen, refacing, company, sugguestions, based

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.