Man that sells palm trees

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Default Man that sells palm trees

Looking for the phone number of the man that drives around the new villages in a pickup truck and trailer selling Palm trees last I saw him the truck was Black.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:57 PM

There are several guys that do that. You get what you pay for
Old 09-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Looking for the phone number of the man that drives around the new villages in a pickup truck and trailer selling Palm trees last I saw him the truck was Black.
They don't go by the name Southern Palms do they? In August another poster wrote this.

Quote:
Posted by MySunshine1948
Southern Palms guys drive around in their truck with palms and ring your doorbell. I did need some, and thought they would be OK. One was tied up and in a few days when they slipped by and cut the ties. It is mostly brown! Also, ordered a weeping bottle brush and it looks terrible. I should not have done this. Anyone else bought from them? I called him today and said I wanted my money back or new trees. He said he would be by on Friday. We will see. Any suggestions???
Southern Palms - Anyone dealt with these guys?
Old 09-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

This guy's brother will sell you some meat, right out of his pick-up truck.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
You didn't buy one from them did you?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,442 Times in 2,336 Posts

Be very cautious, in other words, DO NOT but anything from anyone selling their wares out of a truck. If the tree dies, you will be out of luck, your cost to remove and replace. In the case of the meat, it is typically out of date and repackaged.

There are many reputable landscapers that will do a great job. Also, the palm trees these guys in the trucks sell are a very cheap palm that actually does not do well in this climate zone. If you are confused about palm, contact master gardener, or google Florida friendly palms, and make sure you get ones suited for our area.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Platinum member

Please don't ever buy from someone knocking at the door. You never know who you are really dealing with. Buy from a company with at least a business location.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:48 PM

want to contact as I want to pay him.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Now that is different!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:46 AM

Please let me know if you get his number as we were very pleased and want to get another. Thank you.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:09 PM

Most of the scammers come around on the weekends and sell cheap palms etc off their truck.
They are worthless and will not live long also
Beware of Yard Boys LLC they start the a job jump to another job and never finish the original yard
They will low bid to get job that will never get finished
Pine Ridge, Pine Hills, Labell , Osceola areas
Old 12-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,343 Times in 558 Posts
Default Nice of you

Quote:
Seriously, that is nice of you. I would bet that he will be back to your house soon.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:27 PM

I disagree... 2 palms I purchased are very nice and growing very well... I can tell you if you think all so called Landscapers in The Villages will replace their dead palms
I have one in my back yard that is awaiting to be replaced for 6 months... (now the year is up and no replacement for me) very few will re plant you another... as
excuses are endless and hard to get definite cause in writing... they will not give that too you... (it will state if the tree dies within _____ months we will replace...
Yep.. replace but does not include labor etc. you just paid the 2nd time around... but it works till they leave your property... Now to make this a fair statement..
a ____ percentage (fill in the blank as they do) will do you a fair good job... those big white pick ups, trailers, tractors, come at a price for you the buyer..
You at least can see the palm tree you are getting off the trailer... when you order one from a Landscaper it might be 4 feet shorter or have a 8" girth vs 12" and on and on.
And as usual do not even pay the huckster until its planted to your specs.. now whats wrong with that... yes I know.. no soliciting in The Villages... make sure your
Local Landscaper is also aware of this un enforceable rule... or should I say not enforced.. just move into a new neighborhood and watch the knocks at the door and cards
at the door from all kinds of hucksters and locals and truly good business people...
Closed Thread

Tags
man, trees, palm, truck, selling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.