Need a contractor or handyman familiar with installing Shower stall kits

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2020, 06:36 PM
Default Need a contractor or handyman familiar with installing Shower stall kits

Lowe’s sells Utile shower kits but does not install them.
I have a contractor coming to quote a price for a “ Bathwrap” system but fear the price is going to be higher than I expect. Has anyone purchased a Utile 3 piece system for your shower?
Old 01-26-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Just out of curiosity I took a look at the Maax system at Lowe's and the installation instructions. IMHO, if you are planning on an installation with the floor panel, you will need to make sure the drain lines up EXACTLY with the existing drain. Also if you have a walk in shower, the floor is NOT flat and you will need a suitable concrete bed for the floor panel. This appears to be a very complicated project for a retrofit project. If you have a tub installation this will probably be much simpler. While I have helped others with a shower door installation, I would be very hesitant to tackle this type of project. My point, make sure whoever you get to install, has experience in this area. Also, while the homes in the villages are well built, the walls are not always perfectly square or perfectly vertical, so there may be the additional complication of actually getting this type of enclosure to actually fit leak free.
Good luck with your project.

Tags
shower, kits, price, system, utile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.