Need recommendation for moving company

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-19-2019, 02:38 PM
aletarw aletarw is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 40
Thanks: 10
Thanked 31 Times in 4 Posts
Default Need recommendation for moving company

We are moving between Villages and need a recommendation for a company to do the move in December. Am waiting for quote from the Village Mover, but want another one or two estimates. Thanks
  #2  
Old 11-19-2019, 03:03 PM
rocketman6813 rocketman6813 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Used Quality Moving Services out of Fruitland Park and highly recommend.

Last edited by rocketman6813; 11-19-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: wrong location
  #3  
Old 11-19-2019, 03:20 PM
REDCART REDCART is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,724
Thanks: 15
Thanked 54 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Mitchell’s Moving Service (352) 800-0597, was highly recommended here on TOTV, by our Villages realtor, and the people who sold us their home. We were very satisfied and would use them again. Nothing was damaged during our recent move.
  #4  
Old 11-19-2019, 05:19 PM
BobnBev's Avatar
BobnBev BobnBev is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 1,948
Thanks: 1
Thanked 143 Times in 63 Posts
Default

I would take Mike Collop, the village mover, above all others.
__________________
Patriot Guard Riders--"Standing for Those Who Have Stood for US"!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
  #5  
Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 PM
vinricci's Avatar
vinricci vinricci is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts
Default Local Mover

Tom Tisdell and Sons.407-456-4290
Very reasonable, very careful and prompt. He even moved my Sister up here from South Florida.
  #6  
Old 11-19-2019, 09:21 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,353
Thanks: 994
Thanked 1,330 Times in 603 Posts
Default

Here, I did a search and that question has been asked before. Also be aware there are two companies with similar names. Village Movers and Villages Movers. The company without the 's' on their name and has black trucks get 5 stars on their reviews. The company going by the name Villages Movers have many complaints.

local movers
  #7  
Old 11-21-2019, 10:55 AM
geod geod is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Mitchell’s Moving Service (352) 800-0597, used them three times plus had them move furnisher that i had sold on talk of the villages. great job
  #8  
Old 11-21-2019, 11:10 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,676
Thanks: 284
Thanked 2,541 Times in 945 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here, I did a search and that question has been asked before. Also be aware there are two companies with similar names. Village Movers and Villages Movers. The company without the 's' on their name and has black trucks get 5 stars on their reviews. The company going by the name Villages Movers have many complaints.

local movers
FYI, the company with the black trucks who gets good reviews is named "Village Mover", not Village Movers. There is no "S" in their name.
  #9  
Old 11-21-2019, 12:06 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,353
Thanks: 994
Thanked 1,330 Times in 603 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
FYI, the company with the black trucks who gets good reviews is named "Village Mover", not Village Movers. There is no "S" in their name.
The Villages Movers | Choose Village Mover with over 41,000 moves

Actually I was going above and beyond by pulling out an old thread and relaying a bit of info from that thread. However, you're right, there is no "S" on mover. I was more concerned that the first word in their name, Village and Villages. The company trying to steal their good faith and has a bad reputation was using Villages and the good company didn't have an "S", which I wrote, look for no "S".

Village Movers and Villages Movers. The company without the 's' on their name and has black trucks get 5 stars on their reviews. The company going by the name Villages Movers have many complaints.
  #10  
Old 11-21-2019, 01:49 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,676
Thanks: 284
Thanked 2,541 Times in 945 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Villages Movers | Choose Village Mover with over 41,000 moves

Actually I was going above and beyond by pulling out an old thread and relaying a bit of info from that thread. However, you're right, there is no "S" on mover. I was more concerned that the first word in their name, Village and Villages. The company trying to steal their good faith and has a bad reputation was using Villages and the good company didn't have an "S", which I wrote, look for no "S".

Village Movers and Villages Movers. The company without the 's' on their name and has black trucks get 5 stars on their reviews. The company going by the name Villages Movers have many complaints.
I don't mean to belabor the point, but there is another moving company named "Village Movers" and they have white trucks. So, there are actually at least three moving companies with similar names, "Villages Movers", "Village Movers", and "Village Mover". These are all separate moving companies doing business in The Villages.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 11-21-2019 at 01:54 PM.
  #11  
Old 11-21-2019, 02:02 PM
aletarw aletarw is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 40
Thanks: 10
Thanked 31 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
company, moving, recommendation, village, mover

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.