New sink needed

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2023, 11:30 AM
Default New sink needed

TY to all who have responded to my other posts. We are new here so appreciate the advice and recommendations.
We need another. To make a long story short, we hate the double sink and want to replace it. If you have used a handyman who has done kitchen sink/faucet replacement/plumbing work for you, can you give me the business name and I will take it from there. TY!
Old 08-02-2023, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,023 Times in 5,379 Posts

Personally, I would hire a licensed plumber, like Mike Scott Plumbing. A faucet is easy to replace, but a sink can get complicated. The biggest issue is configuring the drain and vent piping to match up with the new sink drain location and the outlet through the wall or floor. A handyman could cut corners and make a code violation that you may regret later. Also, shop around and find the fixtures that you like and possibly buy them in advance. You can always return them if you don't use them.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,562 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanZR* View Post
TY to all who have responded to my other posts. We are new here so appreciate the advice and recommendations.
We need another. To make a long story short, we hate the double sink and want to replace it. If you have used a handyman who has done kitchen sink/faucet replacement/plumbing work for you, can you give me the business name and I will take it from there. TY!
We used Rocket Rooter Plumbing to install faucets and reconnect the water after having our countertops replaced. It was the granite installers who installed the sink so I don't know whether Rocket Rooter would do that but it's worth a call.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,344 Posts

About a year ago I did this type of work on all 3 of our bathroom sinks. I ordered one-piece molded sink units and reused the existing delta faucets. Two of the 3 sinks went fairly well, the 3rd not so much. Based on this I cannot recommend anyone for this work, however, if you are a DIY, please send me a PM so we can discuss over the phone, and i can provide info on what to be careful about.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:00 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Hi there! We recommend Pro Plus Plumbing LLC. They are licensed, insured, family owned and operated and have been in The Villages over 30 years. (352)427-0337. Owner and sole operator is Loren
Old 08-12-2023, 09:42 AM

We had our two sinks replaced with one larger and deeper stainless steel one along with a new faucet. The garbage disposal was also removed since we hardly used it. Roger Pearce did the job and we were very satisfied with his work. His number is 352-572-8954.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:48 PM

We used Roger Pearce Installation and were super pleased. 352-572-8954.
Good luck,
Old 08-13-2023, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanZR* View Post
To echo other posters--I'd go with a plumber over a handyman. Plus, I'd buy the stuff from the plumbing company: easier to handle warranty issues that way.

We had our double sink replaced awhile back with a single-basin sink, plus new faucet and garbage disposal, and used Village Plumber, LLC. Very satisfied in all respects.
Closed Thread

Tags
sink, sink/faucet, handyman, kitchen, replacement/plumbing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.