Problems with Replacement Window Contractor

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2016, 05:56 AM
Default Problems with Replacement Window Contractor

Paid $4,300 to have Volusia Home Services, LLC install 8 double pane Vinyl replacement windows on June 14, 2016, in my Villages home. Had several minor issues and then one significant problem with a window failing to remain fully open. Volusia refused to resolve the falling window problem and insisted I contact Simonton, the manufacturer. Simonton sent me replacement parts and said the window likely failed because it was not properly installed. I had to pay White Aluminum to have them install the replacement parts. Prior to signing a contract, Volusia Home Services never mentioned that they would provide no service after the sale and when I contacted them about the issue they denied any responsibility for correcting the problem, less than six months after installation. I was repeatedly told to call the manufacturer. I Just recently learned that a permit is required in Sumter County in order to install replacement windows. Volusia Home Improvements did not obtain a permit and window installers from White Aluminum indicated that the window they examined would not have passed inspection. I wonder how many of my other windows would have failed inspection. My opinion is to suggest you think twice before doing business with Volusia Home Services. In retrospect I should have had White Aluminum do the windows in the first place since they did such a good job on the renovations of my front porch and Florida room. And, White Aluminum actually obtained the required permits for each of those jobs.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:51 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

If they are not licensed, report them to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, if they are licensed but just failed to pull permits, report them to your county building department. And poor service, incomplete work, etc., deserves to be reported to the BBB, to Seniors Vs Crime, and to the Florida Division of Consumer Services.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:15 AM

Thanks for the tips. I have already reported them to the BBB. Seniors v. Crime will get a report from me after I get a professional engineer to inspect the job and then get White Aluminum to bring everything up to code. These items will cost me money and I need a total $ amount to present to Seniors v. Crime.
I will also contact FL Div. of Consumer Services.
When I spoke to the Sumter County Building Dept. they did not seem too interested in the name of this company.
Maybe I need write a letter to the head of the Building Dept.
Thanks again.
5speedpete
Old 01-02-2017, 04:56 AM
Email Reported As Spam

When I spoke to the Sumter County Building Dept. they did not seem too interested in the name of this company.
Maybe I need write a letter to the head of the Building Dept.
Thanks again.
5speedpete

Another "not my job man " government department. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Closed Thread

Tags
window, volusia, home, replacement, windows

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.