Reliable tile company?

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2016, 12:08 PM
Default Reliable tile company?

I will be purchasing a two year old court yard villa in TV soon, and my wife wants to have all of the carpeted areas removed and tile put down. I would appreciate any recommendation of reliable firms that would do a good job, and also have access to matching tile put down but the builder. We looked at a lot of property at TV and tile types didn't vary too much so hopefully its available.
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Sage

You'll need to find out from Warranty the name of the tile, along with the installer, and then try to locate the same tile. Even if the tile isn't discontinued, it may not match perfectly. However, there are "transition" patterns that will soften the difference coming off the existing tile.

I know a really good installer that we have personally used. He is usually booked about a month out, so when you close on your house and locate your tile, if you wish to use an independent contractor, you can send me a PM for more information.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Sage

The Floor Shoppe
Old 10-11-2016, 03:37 PM

We didn't match the existing tile.
We left the tile in the "wet" areas.
But we used Distinctive Flooring.
They are right across from Grand Traverse Plaza.
Great crew.
The owner is a village resident.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbeccles View Post
I will be purchasing a two year old court yard villa in TV soon, and my wife wants to have all of the carpeted areas removed and tile put down. I would appreciate any recommendation of reliable firms that would do a good job, and also have access to matching tile put down but the builder. We looked at a lot of property at TV and tile types didn't vary too much so hopefully its available.
Thanks!
This is really easy. The Floor Shop located on CR301 Wildwood.

Now before you decide on tile look into LVP ..Luxury Vinyl Plank. One of the leaders is CoreTec. We just had this product installed throughout our Villa..absolutely outstanding

Contact Jason Groover Sales Mgr...Tel. 352-748-4811

Address: 9815 US Hwy 301
Wildwood, Florida 34785

The Floor Shop is the very best. We had quotes from,

East Coast Flooring, Nickle Tile, Home Depot, Lowes, Roberto's, and Village Flooring.

The Floor Shop came out on top both in product knowledge and cost.

The Floor Shop has all types of flooring.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Village Flooring on 441, just south of where 466A hits 441. Melissa and James are the owners. They have done two of our tile jobs and could not be happier. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2016, 11:28 AM

We have used Alexander Tile and they did a great job on my back splash. Would use them again and recommend them highly
Old 10-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have used E&G Tile for all my tile and back slash work. Excellent
job and reasonable. Eddy 407-375-6627

You won't be disappointed
Old 10-25-2016, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

For those who remove the carpeting and changed to a wood floor do you still have to use a spacer between the tile and wood floor. Not a fan of the look.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbeccles View Post
Thanks!
Alexander Marble and Tile replaced carpet with tile in 3 bedrooms & their closets for us a year ago. The house, new to us, was 8 years old at the time, and we were still able to get the same tile. Because we were short on time before our movers were arriving, we opted to save time by not laying the new tile in a matching diamond pattern to the old tile. Instead, the new tile was laid straight with a couple of rows of different transition tiles (backsplash pieces) between the old and new tile. It looks terrific, and I heartily recommend James and his wife.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:02 PM

Carla B, would you please let me know the name and number of the tile setter you liked also? I tried to PM you, but couldn't. Thanks, FL&PA
Old 10-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&PA View Post
Carla B, would you please let me know the name and number of the tile setter you liked also? I tried to PM you, but couldn't. Thanks, FL&PA
I sent you a PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
tile, reliable, put, builder, looked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.