Unwanted energy savings calls

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Platinum member
Default Unwanted energy savings calls

Is anyone else getting daily calls from Electric Saving Assoc, advising you of government savings for energy audits or some other pitch? Today, I had time to listen to the talk, and pushed one to find out who was calling, and why they are calling when I am on the do not call list. The man said that he was not selling anything, just offering a public service. They want to set up a visit for an energy audit. They would not give me a number to call-said their phones only are for outgoing, not incoming calls.

I am ticked. It follows on the heels of a very pleasant man that comes by the house and says a storm is coming and he needs to trim our trees, the very ones he did two months ago. When that doesn't work, he looks up at our eves and says they are causing a leak and going to heavily damage our home. He is a smooth talker, and the talk must work with some, otherwise he would not continue to do it. Sorry for venting. Thanks! Pat
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 AM

This is in other threads. I agree it is very annoying. I changed my phone number due to other annoyances and within 12 hours of it being established their robo call machine found me. I have added that new number to the DO NOT CALL list, but doesn't seem to work in the villages. I am within a week or two of pulling my land line phone, period.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:58 PM

If you need your home inspected for "energy" purposes, call SECO - they come out for free. As to these calls Electric Savings ASsociation - according to the Daily Sun recently, it is a scam! Beware.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Platinum member

I missed that in The Sun. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Use your caller-id. If you don't know the caller, don't answer. The number of calls will slow down and stop after awhile.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.