Watch out for The Blind Man business

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Warren Kiefer Warren Kiefer is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Watch out for The Blind Man business

We responded to an ad in the Daily Sun that advertised entire home cleaning of your blinds for only $100. After arriving to do the work, the contractor stated the price was only for slatted horizontal blinds. Our three vertical blinds would cause in increase to $175. We saw thru this blind man's ploy and refused his service.
  #2  
Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,368
Thanks: 3,129
Thanked 2,717 Times in 994 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
We responded to an ad in the Daily Sun that advertised entire home cleaning of your blinds for only $100. After arriving to do the work, the contractor stated the price was only for slatted horizontal blinds. Our three vertical blinds would cause in increase to $175. We saw thru this blind man's ploy and refused his service.
Warren. There is a paper magazine somewhere who needs your expertise with compelling and provocative titles. WOW.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #3  
Old 01-18-2015, 10:17 AM
redwitch's Avatar
redwitch redwitch is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,099
Thanks: 2
Thanked 66 Times in 28 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default

I can see an extra charge for verticals. Maybe the next time you should state very clearly what you have and what you expect. One hundred dollars to thoroughly clean the window blinds in a three bedroom home seems more than fair.
__________________
Army/embassy brat - traveled too much to mention
Moved here from SF Bay Area (East Bay)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
  #4  
Old 01-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Warren Kiefer Warren Kiefer is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I can see an extra charge for verticals. Maybe the next time you should state very clearly what you have and what you expect. One hundred dollars to thoroughly clean the window blinds in a three bedroom home seems more than fair.
It was his ad in the Daily Sun not mine. His ad should have been more specific. But I find this happens a lot, a contractor advertises a flat rate for such things as carpet cleaning but, when arriving to do the work, there are always extra costs.
  #5  
Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 AM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,694
Thanks: 1
Thanked 102 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
It was his ad in the Daily Sun not mine. His ad should have been more specific. But I find this happens a lot, a contractor advertises a flat rate for such things as carpet cleaning but, when arriving to do the work, there are always extra costs.
They all do this type of advertising. Try buying a new car for the price they state in the paper. The car is always a stripped down model and when you get through getting the options you may want, you always wind-up paying more.

I would have called and got their rates before they arrived.
__________________
"It doesn't cost "nuttin", to be nice". MOM

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.