water conditioners

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 PM

I am thinking about the Boss water softener and a dedicated water line in my kitchen for drinking. I would like to know a good handyman that can install the water system at a reasonable cost. Please somebody other than Mr. Handieman. We had some issues with him. Would appreciate any information that would help. Thanks, Harvey & Lavelle
Old 08-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Default Water softeners

I am one of the gullible people who have purchased a water softener. (BAD BAD MOVE) I paid a lot of money. Only to find out later , that this wonderfull system is overpriced and expensive to keep in operation. The cost of delivered salt is more than double the price at a supermarket. The semi annual maintenance is over $500.00 a year. The people who sell and maintain the system are greedy and unhelpfull. I recently called them to tell them my system isn't working. They sent the guy who delivers salt to look at it. It took him 10 seconds to say, yes it's not working and he handed me a bill for $100.00 for the "service" call. I've gone to Sears and purchased a whole house filter and will give my old system away after Sears installs the filter this week.

Last edited by peteserb; 08-21-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: reduce over all size of lettering
Old 08-21-2011, 12:45 PM

Need the name of a good handyman to install water softerner and under the sink system. Have used Mr. Handie in the past, but had problems. Need to know the name of someone who is experienced in installing these systems such as the Boss from Home Depot, or Walmart. Please let us know if you have someone you are happy with. Thanks, Harvey & Lavelle
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.