Window fogged/replacement

Old 04-30-2024, 02:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
My warranty is 20 years as per the nice folks in The Villages Warranty Department.
Just called home warranty….

The warranty for the windows for the ORIGINAL owner is 10 years.

No warranty coverage for subsequent owners .

Call them right now to verify what I said . I will gladly apologize if I’m wrong .

Just don’t like to see misinformation posted ….
Old 04-30-2024, 04:30 PM
Sage

One more time, on my house the warranty on the windows is 20 years. This was stated by The Villages Warranty Department. The fellow from Romac who came out to order replacement windows (seal failed) confirmed the warranty is for 20 years. I don’t know about your house. In my original post, I said “might have a 20 year warranty” and advised the OP to call warranty to check. I am not the only one with a 20 year warranty, see post #14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Just called home warranty….

The warranty for the windows for the ORIGINAL owner is 10 years.

No warranty coverage for subsequent owners .

Call them right now to verify what I said . I will gladly apologize if I’m wrong .

Just don’t like to see misinformation posted ….

Last edited by biker1; 04-30-2024 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,829 Times in 5,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
One more time, on my house the warranty on the windows is 20 years. This was stated by The Villages Warranty Department. The fellow from Romac who came out to order replacement windows (seal failed) confirmed the warranty is for 20 years. I don’t know about your house. In my original post, I said “might have a 20 year warranty” and advised the OP to call warranty to check. I am not the only one with a 20 year warranty, see post #14.
I don't accept a verbal statement from anyone about a warranty. Warranties are legal written documents, not verbal statements. I have read my new house warranty document from cover to cover. The only specific reference to the fogging of windows in on page 22 of the document, in which fogged windows are covered one year. However, there is another section in the document that states that the new house warranty does not limit any separate manufacturer's warranty. The real question is, who is the manufacturer of the windows and what does their written warranty say about the coverage for window fogging? Until we can get a copy of that warranty, no one really knows how long the fogging of windows is covered. The Villages warranty department has no authority to extend the new house warranty, unless they can cite the manufacturer's name and their written warranty.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:16 PM
Sage

The actual people doing the warranty work on my windows (Romac, they took over from the original vendor), confirmed, in person, 20 years. Will they change their mind? Perhaps but for now they are honoring the 20 year warranty. How do I know this? They are in the process of replacing 3 windows with failed seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't accept a verbal statement from anyone about a warranty. Warranties are legal written documents, not verbal statements. I have read my new house warranty document from cover to cover. The only specific reference to the fogging of windows in on page 22 of the document, in which fogged windows are covered one year. However, there is another section in the document that states that the new house warranty does not limit any separate manufacturer's warranty. The real question is, who is the manufacturer of the windows and what does their written warranty say about the coverage for window fogging? Until we can get a copy of that warranty, no one really knows how long the fogging of windows is covered. The Villages warranty department has no authority to extend the new house warranty, unless they can cite the manufacturer's name and their written warranty.

Tags
window, fogged/replacement, reasonable, replace, fogged

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.