EVs pollute more than gas vehicles!

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2024, 05:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,493 Times in 2,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Watch a good heavy laiden day in The Villages.

They are already developing seeds that are aluminum soil and toxic soil resistent.

Cloned gene being used to develop aluminum tolerant crops, Kochian says at AAAS | Cornell Chronicle.

Thank you for not saying I am completely nuts. One day people will realize we breathe air and whoever owns the air controls the world. Gates will have controling food covered.

Research Dubai and weather control. They get it too. All I can say is look up.
The gene research is to enable plants to grow better in acidic soil, not toxic soil. A very big difference.
Many foods are GM to counter bugs and disease, nothing new there.
How you linked it to contrails in the sky, I haven't a clue.!
Old 03-06-2024, 05:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,183 Times in 782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Nonsense. EV's have tripled in sales in 3 years. How many other things have tripled in sales in that timeframe?
The Hula Hoop & Kool-Aid were overnight sensations. Yet now, nary a word is heard about either.

I have heard there's a hidden stash of Kool-Aid somewhere and folks can still buy it when they need a boost.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Nonsense. EV's have tripled in sales in 3 years. How many other things have tripled in sales in that timeframe?

Source:

U.S. electric vehicle sales soar into ‘24 - International Council on Clean Transportation.

Many EV companies like Tesla don't have dealerships. They have zero.

Telsa made $14.3 billion in profit in 2023.
What would the sales be without the massive government subsidies?
Old 03-06-2024, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

According to multiple sources, consumer reports states it costs .50 cents a mile to operate a Prius and fueleconomy.gov states the Prius costs .94 cents a mile operating the first 25 miles and $1.51 per mile after that.
Also the Prius will have to replace the hybrid battery every 8-10 years at a cost up to $6000. Go online and people are wondering if it’s worth the expense at that time to replace the battery. Gas cars, most imports can go hundreds of thousands of miles without a rebuild and diesel cars, over 500,0000 miles.
Most EV/hybrid owners don’t include future expenses in their total cost of ownership nor do they care that every battery is toxic waste and polluting the earth when disposing of these batteries. We can also talk about the earths resources it takes to make a hybrid battery which is also destroying the planet.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
According to multiple sources, consumer reports states it costs .50 cents a mile to operate a Prius and fueleconomy.gov states the Prius costs .94 cents a mile operating the first 25 miles and $1.51 per mile after that.
Also the Prius will have to replace the hybrid battery every 8-10 years at a cost up to $6000. Go online and people are wondering if it’s worth the expense at that time to replace the battery. Gas cars, most imports can go hundreds of thousands of miles without a rebuild and diesel cars, over 500,0000 miles.
Most EV/hybrid owners don’t include future expenses in their total cost of ownership nor do they care that every battery is toxic waste and polluting the earth when disposing of these batteries. We can also talk about the earths resources it takes to make a hybrid battery which is also destroying the planet.
I put over 160,000 miles in six years on each of two Prius (12 years total). No battery changes required and I sure as did not pay anything close to $80,000 to operate them! Regular oil changes, just like any gasoline engine, and tires every 60,000 miles. I even saved money on brake pads and disks due to the regenerative braking.

The rest of those claims have been thoroughly disputed/debunked in multiple other threads.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 03-06-2024 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

I was responding to someone who stated it cost them .02 cents a mile to operate their Prius which we all know is not true. I didn’t make up the websites and I will believe these websites over somebody claiming .02 cents a mile cost for any car. It cost more than .02 to operate a pedal bike, and much higher cost for an electric bike.

Overall cost, polluting the earth on making and disposing of lithium batteries, and always needing to find a place to charge your EV/golf cart, that’s why I will always buy for the foreseeable future gas cars and golf carts. Hydrogen/fuel cell vehicles look promising but just like in the EV world, the infrastructure isn’t in place nor will it be in the upcoming decades to support a 100% EV environment. IMO!
Old 03-06-2024, 08:02 AM

Here is a link to an article in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science which covers a lot of the discussion here. The reading is pretty clear so you don’t need a Ph.D to understand it.

Just a moment...

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 03-06-2024, 08:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,183 Times in 782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Tesla would have been out of business, years ago.

As it is, I'm not sure how they stay in business now, given the vehicles they produce. To say nothing of how ugly they are, the quality, fit & finish on those things, is horrible.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Tesla would have been out of business, years ago.

As it is, I'm not sure how they stay in business now, given the vehicles they produce. To say nothing of how ugly they are, the quality, fit & finish on those things, is horrible.
No offense intended here....but great point. Why is the Prius and in this case the Tesla so aesthetically unpleasing?
Old 03-06-2024, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
No offense intended here....but great point. Why is the Prius and in this case the Tesla so aesthetically unpleasing?
I don’t find them unpleasing so some of it is in the eye of the beholder. I suspect the design may have a lot to do with aerodynamics.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinionist View Post
I don't care about the political agenda that pushes EVs. I have a Toyota Prius that gets 66 MPG and don't care about the price of gas. Some would say that the Green New Deal is dumb as a box of rocks but that would be an insult to the box of rocks. I am waiting to see how those high speed railroads are going to be built across the ocean.
Hmmmm......So you have a Prius that gets 66 miles per gallon?!?? I'd sure like to see that! I have two of them and I don't get that kind of mileage.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Pushing what they want by taking money from 1 and reward others for doing what they want. You wouldn't see many EVs without a reward to purchase.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Well, here's my shocked face :-|. Wait, ya mean there's been an agenda being pushed all these years? Nooooo, I don't believe that.

Sorry, it's not a FoxNews link, you can't just dismiss it because you don't like the source (ostrich syndrome).

Electric cars release MORE toxic emissions than gas-powered vehicles and are worse for the environment, finds shock report | Daily Mail Online
Your source is a British tabloid, with very low credibility on accurate information - The Daily Mail. Do some legitimate research before you post misinformation. "Nice" try. I laughed!!
Old 03-06-2024, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapnut View Post
I've read where it uses as much emissions to mine the ingredients for the electric car as a vehicle that has 150,000 miles of road use. Not to forget that China is the country that has the resources and gets rich off of our government
The E-vehicle engine has about 60% less parts than a gasoline engine so it is LOGICAL that the E-vehicle production would use LESS emissions from the manufacturing of those parts. The important thing about emissions is that an E-vehicle emits ZERO. And just ask yourself if it is easier to control emissions from one STATIONARY electrical generating plant or the thousands of CO2 emitting tailpipes on the MOVING gasoline cars. I would say that a STATIONARY generating plant wins that battle because it has all the advantages over a moving source of pollution.
.......As far as battery production and lithium goes, people are finding lithium in places other than China. Also, battery technology will NOT stand still, they will become lighter and allow the E-vehicle to have longer range.
.........Also, as far as range anxiety goes. there are many makes of HYBRID vehicles. If anyone is concerned about RANGE, just buy a HYBRID...............PROBLEMO SOLVED!
...........Now, the final factor to consider is the PROPAGANDA factor. OBVIOUSLY. the oil and gasoline industry will FIGHT back against CHANGE. They will use PROPAGANDA and LIES about E-vehicles to slow down their adoption. Also, the US automobile does NOT want to CHANGE RAPIDLY. That's why a SMALL auto company like Tesla was able to beat the OLD US car industry to the E-vehicle revolution.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

I wonder if the left's attack on Tesla will increase pollution at the factory.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...8b66c2e0&ei=23
Closed Thread

Tags
evs, foxnews, link, nooooo, dismiss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.